SysAdmin - Big Data ( working in DevOps mode )
Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the lookout for a full-time SysAdmin – Big Data (working in DevOps mode) to join our team. As a key member of our Development team, the SysAdmin supports Lightspeed's growing Cloud development teams with the infrastructure needed to run our products reliably. You will advise on and deploy new technologies requested by the product development team, monitor and improve systems performance, support continuous integration, and nurture development teams towards the possibility of continuous deployment. The role consists in supporting enterprise deployment of our Data platform, by designing and supporting large scale architecture. Automation is at the heart of solving most of our challenges. You must be able to code.
Don’t mistake us for a typical corporation. We are not looking for just a team member, we’re searching for someone to enrich our family. We will let you bring your ideas. We will believe in you and give you creative freedom to allow you to do the best work of your life. Sounds familiar? Perfect! We’ve got what it takes to keep you feeling challenged and empowered.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions use Lightspeed’s point-of-sale and eCommerce platforms for inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), and Investissement Québec (IQ). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Use automation extensively to deploy, configure, manage, and monitor systems in support of our product development teams
- Support the team’s continuous integration and continuous deployment initiatives
- Contribute to service capacity planning and demand forecasting
- Resolve service problems (you will be on call for periods of time)
- Support the deployment of Lightspeed Data Platform
- Evaluate and evolve ongoing design, architecture, standards, and methods for Lightspeed’s infrastructure and systems
- 5+ years experience with Linux/Unix administration
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop ecosystem for setup, administration, troubleshooting and tuning
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, Rackspace, etc.)
- Database experience (SQL, NoSQL)
- Proficiency in writing code
- Experience with high availability strategies
- Fluency in English
- Experience using Kubernetes
- SysAdmin background
- Experience in securing resources
- Experience with hosted Big Data services (AWS EMR, Google Big Query, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Kafka for setup, administration, troubleshooting and tuning
- Fluency in French
And when you’re not supporting the infrastructure?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Flexible working hours - No punch in no punch out!
- Brand new office in a castle, one of the best development centers in Montreal
- Even if we became bigger everyone has an impact on the company as a whole
- We encourage initiatives and leadership
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month - 300 people in Montreal, that’s a lot of cakes!
- Fun activities with your teammates - Be part of the Lightspeed Family!
- Work with highly skilled people.