Performs product and component management to ensure technical viability and cost-effectiveness from the point where it is evaluated through implementation and support, to retirement. Uses technical expertise to help business partners and others by answering technical questions regarding the usage, trouble-shooting and functionality of delivery systems products to ensure effective implementation and usage of delivery system products. Applies knowledge of computing systems to choose appropriate troubleshooting techniques to resolve complex, escalated delivery systems problems. Works with appropriate product supplier for enhancements and issues not resolved in-house. Chooses appropriate computing products and methods to ensure requirements are met for security, problem management, capacity/performance management and operational management. Documents resolutions/analyses according to support procedures.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R § 120.15 required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance with a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or T5 Investigation and customer approval as a condition of employment. In applicable, please clearly indicate on resume highest level of US Security Clearance obtained along with date received.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four yeardegree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/ (REQUIRED):
- 3+ years of experience is system integration
- General knowledge of IT Security requirements
- Experience with local area networks, wireless networktechnologies, and mobility solutions
- Project management experience leading a portfolio of projects with a focus on managing requirements, schedule, technical, cost, and risks.
- Experience deploying IT infrastructure or applications in factory environments
- Administration of Microsoft Workstations and Servers (i.e. Domain Controller, Group Policy Management)
- Server virtualization techniques
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Windows
- Experience with Information Assurance
- Current US security clearance at the Secret level or higher, Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal.