The Symphony Business Process Topic Lead will be responsible for making decisions on global design for an SAP topic area in his or her specific area of business expertise (e.g., fixed assets, order management, accounts payable, Quality, etc.). The topic lead will have responsibility for achieving project milestones/timeline as well as for successful deployment, training, and change management. The topic lead will have responsibility for achieving project milestones/timeline as well as for successful deployment, training, and change management
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Makes strategic decisions for global design of SAP which will support Abbott's business operations enterprise-wide. Uses expertise and
functional perspective for the topic area to lead harmonized, compliant process design.
- Drives harmonized process adoption across Abbott for functional area. Must have high credibility established through experience to drive
the right harmonized decisions for the organization.
- Symphony escalation model is designed for 80% of decisions to be made at the process team lead level on a global scale. Poor decision
making skills or inadequate experience in this role create risk and/or lost realization of benefits on a global level. The business topic lead is
expected to drive 80% of the design decisions as well as to recognize escalation topics.
- Drives business benefits resulting from the implementation of new harmonized business processes for the topic area
- Leads workshops to develop topic area designs. Strong facilitation skills will be required to drive consensus and decisions that impact enterprise functions in the specific topic area.
- Identifies impacts to business organization for recommended changes for the topic area. Works with the Organizational Change
Management Team to facilitate driving required organizational change
Program Reporting Line: Symphony Program Director. The Symphony Topic Lead does not manage a direct budget but is jointly responsible for delivery of capital plan of approximately $50MM/year. Failure to deliver capital projects results in impact to bottom line as global margin improvement initiatives are tied to this investment along with associated project expense and depreciation. The Topic Lead is responsible for making decisions on global design for an SAP topic area. The global design has direct impact on the compliance and control of Abbott’s marketed product, financial reporting and customer interface.
10+ years experience in Warehouse Management inclusive of supervision/management experience. Order to Cash experience and SAP experience is preferred. MRP experience is a plus
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree - business, supply chain, business systems or related field required - or equivalent work
experience. MBA preferred.
* Strong project management and business process consulting/engineering that encompasses global scope.
* Demonstrated ability to drive difficult decisions managing cost/benefit considerations.