As part of the Mapping Team within the core ArcGIS Desktop group, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your cartographic skill and expertise to manage the symbol and style assets and user experience in ArcGIS Pro. With your eye for design, you will help implement the next generation of mapping tools in ArcGIS, including how cartographers symbolize and display their 2D and 3D data in ArcGIS.
As an engineer, you’ll be actively involved in ensuring the quality of the software, not just at the feature function level, but also by designing and validating realistic workflows and scenarios.
We are currently working on our next release of ArcGIS Pro, so now is a great time to add your cartographic software skills to a diverse team of engineers and developers committed to delivering a host of innovative cartographic authoring tools.
- Assess and design the user experience for working with symbols and styles in ArcGIS
- Collaborate with graphic designers, developers, and industry experts to build and maintain symbol assets for ArcGIS Pro
- Develop and implement test plans and test cases, write test code, verify code changes and bug fixes
- Review and analyze automated test results and report status on software quality and stability
- Participate in design discussions about new functionality
- Troubleshoot production issues in current and past software versions
- Share and distribute your workflows and projects in samples, tutorials, blog articles, videos, and help documentation
- Learn and understand existing product technologies in the context of a wide variety of domains
- Research and analyze customer requests, industry standards, and specifications to help define cartographic requirements
- Familiarity with Esri’s ArcGIS platform and online services, or other GIS products
- Demonstrable experience developing both 2D and 3D map content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise with graphics applications such as Adobe Creative Cloud, or similar
- Bachelor’s or master’s in cartography, GIS, geography, graphic design or related field, depending on position level
- Familiarity with computer graphics or commercial RDBMS
- Experience with software testing
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION: We're looking for cartographers who like to code and we want to see your work! Applications must be accompanied by an electronic portfolio of original map or related cartographic work. Please provide a link to your portfolio or include samples of your work as part of your resume.