Our client is a major American multinational finance and financial services company, active in the investment banking and management sphere worldwide.
They are currently looking to hire a Database Engineer working with Sybase for their offices in Jersey City, NJ.
- Work with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of software solutions
- Analyze and resolve escalations from development and end user communities
- Oversee operations environment, assessing functionality and speed continually and tuning as necessary
- Provide guidance and expertise on best practices
- Reduce operational overhead by providing automation solution tools
- Work with application teams to provide advanced troubleshootingsupport, performance and tuning, guidance, and best practices
- Contribute to the design and implementation of database solutions and automation initiatives
- Provide this level of service across multiple RDBMSs, including: Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, and DB2 UDB
- 8+ years’ experience as a Database Administrator, working with Sybase ASE or DB2 UDB
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting, performance & tuning, DB modeling
- Strong knowledge of scriptinglanguages like Python, Perl etc.
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems
- Knowledge/experience with NoSQL products, ie Hadoop, MongoDB
- Knowledge/experience with Java, Scala