- Sybase DBA with at least 3 years of experiencesupporting multi-server enterprise environments.
- This person will be a member of a global distributed Sybase DBA team that provides24x7 firm-wide support for distributed databases.
- S/he should be eager to build on her/his existing knowledge via formal and on-the-job training.
- This person will work in a position that will allow her/him to fully experience all aspects of database administration, including performance and tuning, regular maintenance and the creation of specialized jobs, depending on what needs may arise.
- This person will be part of a group rota providing weekend oncall support
- Strong SQL language knowledge-strong database administration knowledge in Sybase -must be able to work with command line tools as well as GUI tools -excellent problem solving skills -excellent verbal and written communication skills -ability to multi-task -Familiarity with Unix or Linux -sense of urgency
- Exposure to perl-intermediate to advanced perl/Shell coding development -Advanced Sybase Optimizer Troubleshooting Skills