LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
Tommy Bahama is more than just an island inspired brand, it's a lifestyle! Live the Island Life as an ambassador of our brand, representing the season's stylish trends. We look for those who are passionate about growth as we offer a variety of rewarding positions, from sales to management. You will play an important role in our store leadership, inspiring your team to work together to achieve our goals, create an environment of aloha fun, while exceeding guest expectations - taking them someplace great. Come join us, share knowledge on latest designs and provide guest with world class service!
SET THE COURSE
The Category Product Development/ Sourcing Manager is responsible for partnering with Tommy Bahama Global Sourcing, Design, Technical Design, Fabric Development, Production and Merchants to develop and execute product, manage calendar timelines, create strategies and drive decisions regarding cost, margin, allocation, fabric positioning, inventory and quality for their respective division/category.
BE THE ISLAND GUIDE
- Update and maintain and send accurate tech packs from Design hand-off through Production
- Manage sample development and tracking process from initial sample stage through preproduction stage according to calendar deadlines by creating, updating and maintaining WIP report.
- Act as liaison between Design, agents, TBGS, vendors & Seattle production teams
- Communicate daily with cross functional teams and vendors regarding all issues pertinent to accurate execution of samples through production
- Review, approve and/or reject samples in collaboration with Design and Tech Design
- Update and maintain complete and accurate BOMs, initiated in design, in Flex PLM.
- Support department workload by assisting Manager and team members
- Provide support and guidance to Design teams on price/cost estimates, cost engineering, vendor placement, lead-times and product integrity
- Facilitate approval of garment components at style level in collaboration with Design and TBGS counterparts
- Act as a key stakeholder for product integrity and testing in order to influence design.
- Create comprehensive vendor, costing and speed strategies with TBGS to enable long-term gross margin growth for category.
- Support future category strategies and provide appropriate and timely direction to the cross-functional team.
- Communicate seasonal product strategies to TBGS and vendors.
- Support Manager in building category fabric platform strategies to leverage for cost negotiations and flexible inventory plans.
- Work with design & manager to identify raw material pricing parameters/challenges and initiate fabric allocation/counter sourcing in collaboration with TBGS.
- Collaborate with Production planner to project fabric volumes and make seasonal greige commitments with vendors based on sales and historical data.
- Partner with buyers and planners, and Omni analyst on short-term and long-term projections to leverage buys and negotiate costs.
- Partner with TBGS to manage style level cost negotiations via costing tool.
- Identify costing/pricing issues and offer up suggestions and alternatives through the development process.
- Meet with vendors to strengthen relationships and to better understand sourcing capabilities, negotiate costs/lead-times and source innovation.
Analysis and Influencing:
- Influence the makeup and strategy of the line via in-depth product/cost analysis.
- Create, analyze and present seasonal hindsight to leadership and cross-functional teams.
Line Plan/Development Ratios:
- Provide seasonal hindsight analysis to cross-functional teams to influence initial line plan creation that will maximize sales and minimize over development.
- Collaborate with Inventory Planning teams to establish initial quantities, enable cost negotiations and manage department, class level AUC throughout the product development process.
- Strategically set retail prices at style level to meet or exceed seasonal financial targets. Review and finalize all wholesale and retail prices.
- Analyze price value relationship at department, class and style level.
- Understand target market and competitor retail prices.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve and streamline processes to reduce costs and maximize profits.
Assist with other projects and duties as needed to help support the overall business.
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- 4-year degree in fashion design, business or other related field.
- Generally, 4+ years of experience in retail with focused experience in design, product development, sourcing or production related positions.
- Excellent understanding of product development, product costs, production lead times, speed to market strategies, assortment and fabric positioning.
- Strong MS Office, especially Excel.
- PLM - Flex PLMm experience preferred.
- Blue Cherry experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to influence decisions with cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work proactively and problem solve.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good judgement and decision-making ability.
- Strong product knowledge in apparel/retail industry.
- Ability to multitask and work in high pace environment