KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: SW Test Engineer
- Executes functional/ NF test procedures and/ or scripts either manually or by automated tools.
- Tracks and reports on the test execution in a timely manner with attention given to achieving a high level of quality.
- Gathers and documents the outcome of test executions and all information needed to support ongoing measurements and reporting on risks, defects, tests, and coverage. Ensures that data is accurate, timely and objective.
- Reports discrepancies and analyzes them to determine the root causes. Evaluates script failures at a high level.
- Coordinates with Development and Infra teams/peers on the resolution of issues, overseeing the testing progress and ensuring that high standards of quality are being met.
- Compares and analyzes system behavior vs. expected results/KPIs based on business and technical requirements. Identifies issues, proposes system improvements and performs repetitive test execution to resolve identified issues.
- Contributes to the design of test scenarios and performs peer reviews of test cases.
- Evaluates test exit criteria to assess if additional tests are required or if test scenarios need to be adjusted.
- Participates in and contributes to internal design reviews of testing materials.
- 3+ years of extensive testing experience with skill to review the design and maintenance of test cases and assist in hand-on testing
- Strong hands on experience with executing manual and automated tests, along with debugging and root cause analysis
- Advanced Experience with DB and data modeling principles and associated tools (SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, Oracle/Linux)
- Unix / Linux shall Scripting advanced experience
- Performance analysis and tuning of scripts, database queries and processes advanced experience
- Programming experience
- 2+ years of experience with Quality center
- Telecommunications Experience
Job ID: 70539