Cerebras has developed a wafer-scale computer platform that dramatically accelerates deep learning. Our system takes today’s training times and inference latencies and reduces them by orders of magnitude, fundamentally changing the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We are innovating at every level of the platform – from processor, to microcode, to new algorithms and network architectures at the cutting edge of ML research. Our system delivers unprecedented performance because it is built from the ground up for deep learning.
Cerebras is building a team of exceptional people to work together on big problems. Join us!
About The Role
In this position as a Software Quality Engineer, you will use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, scalability and other advanced quality concepts. The position will play a huge role on the quality of Cerebras software. We are looking for Software Quality Engineers that have a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle the biggest at-scale problems in HW-based deep learning accelerators.
- Write scripts to automate testing and create tools to allow easy development of software regression tests
- Help identify weak spots and potential customer pain points and drive the software organization towards customer focused quality metrics
- Implement creative ways to break software and identify potential problems
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience with 5 years of industry experience
- Experience in developing automated tests for packet processing / networking: especially Layer2, 3 and 4
- Ability to take responsibility for monitoring product development and usage at all levels with an end goal toward improving product quality
- Strong knowledge of software system design, C++ and Python
- Contribute to developing requirements specifications with a focus on developing verification tests
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science with 3 years of industry experience
- Strong software testing experience with a proven track record in scaling highly technical teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Windows environments
- Solid knowledge of Networking Technology, especially Layer 2, 3 and 4
- Prior experience in designing and developing test automation for HW systems involving ASICs or FPGAs
- Prior experience working with live hardware systems and debug tools operating in a real time environment such as networking devices or live computing systems
- Understanding of fundamental considerations of building hardware in development and volume production stages