- Plays a key role in Warehouse Lending’s portfolio management activities, including ongoing review of customer performance and covenant compliance, and coordinating actions taken by Warehouse Lending on non-performing customers or collateral.
- Manages division audits (financial, regulatory or internal), addressing any negative audit findings with a sense of urgency.
- Researches credit risks of new or expanded products, creating Warehouse Lending policies and procedures for such products, and steers them through Bank committees.
- Represents Warehouse Lending division on various Bank committees, including new product committee, ALLL, and compliance committee.
- Supports Managing Director in the development and structuring of new, profitable warehouse lending relationships that achieve Warehouse Lending Division and client objectives.
- Diversifies the assets of the division from traditional residential mortgage loans to include a broader array of commercial products (Non-QM mortgage loans, FixNFlip mortgage loans, multi-family mortgage loans, commercial real estate loans, construction loans, SBA 504 loans, reperforming loans), while focusing on strong credit quality and working closely with credit and risk.
- Creates strategic partnerships with other Bank lending divisions (CRE, construction, multifamily, Business Banking) to leverage existing and new Bank relationships to improve the Bank’s overall efficiency ratio.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all internal procurement and vendor management programs.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Banc of California is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Customer Information Program (CIP), Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA, state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
- Strong business acumen
- Strong program and project management experience
- Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Strong influencing skills in order to manage conflicting priorities of key stakeholders
- Proficient in MS Office suite, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and MS Project
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to think laterally and conceptually
- Ability to contribute to a team of peers, as well as within own team
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, executives and board members, and staff
- Able to work autonomously and highly pro-active
- Driven to identify and implement continuous improvement
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field preferred
- Ten years of experience in progressively more complex leadership roles; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Must possess a strong background in commercial real estate, construction, SBA lending, and residential lending