As the Senior Vice President of Synchrony Ventures, this role encompasses all areas of Synchrony Financial’s venture capital investing, portfolio management, organization and ecosystem development. The SVP will lead the investment team that sources equityinvestments and leads due diligence efforts and will be responsible for monitoring and supporting Synchrony Financial’s portfolio of investments and strategic partnerships.
- Work with the Business Platform CEO’s and the Executive Leadership Team to define and determine investment priorities for the business and drive growth initiatives, within the defined risk appetite.
- Collaborate cross functionally to influence and ensure senior leadership buy-in on Equityinvestment/JV opportunities.
- Source new investments, including meeting with founders and entrepreneurs, attending relevant networking events and evaluating new prospects.
- Build relationships with investors, corporations and other strategic networks-monitor the activity in the FinTech Investor community.
- Lead the investment team and manage the investment pipeline reporting to keep Senior Management and the Executive Leadership Team informed on activities and opportunities.
- Analyze investment opportunities/sectors. Formulate and present investment cases to the investment committee and the Synchrony Management Committee.
- Lead all aspects of equityinvestment transactions and acquisitions including: sourcing, due diligence, analysis, financial modeling, structuring, negotiation and documentation.
- Develop detailed operating and financial models to support investment decisions; model capital structure scenarios, perform sensitivity analysis and assess investment return scenarios.
- Monitor financial/operational conditions and industry dynamics of assigned portfolio companies, and facilitate quarterly reviews with management team.
- Proactively work with portfolio companies to execute growth and operational improvement strategies in order to maximize value of investments.
- Provide leadership to ensure adherence with all external and internal Compliance and Regulatory requirements. Maintain rigorous oversight of JV, investment processes; ensure compliance through the development of and adherence to risk control mechanisms.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with all internal and external key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or 10 years of equivalent work experience in the Financial Services field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with a corporate venture group, venture capital fund, or private equity firm, or as an entrepreneur.
- Strong network of contacts in the venture capital industry and entrepreneurs in the fintech and payments ecosystems
- In-depth knowledge of how corporate venture capital groups integrate within the business unit and of direct competitors (products/services).
- Skilled communicator who influences and negotiates with great latitude on outcomes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience originating, leading and executing equityinvestments or venture capital transactions.
- Experience developing high-end presentations and delivering them to a C-Level Suite in a company as well as to a large audience
- Minimum of 5 years negotiation experience
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in financial services or within industry
- Ability to manage a high-performing team as well as influence manage indirectly others across the organization.
- Superior Financial Acumen and Modeling Capabilities
- Must be willing to travel up to 65% of the time.
- MBA from a top Tier program
- Prior consumer finance, payments, or fintech experience.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Financial Services Industry Experience.
- Strong Financial Reporting Background.
Job ID: 1800000601