As Senior Vice President, Qualitative Operations and Performance, you will lead a unified cross-brand team of qualitative project management, operations/financial, and shared service professionals within the Kantar Qualitative Practice.
As a member of the North American Qualitative Leadership Team, you will help lead the strategic direction, performance and culture of the practice to deliver profitable growth. You'll leverage your project management expertise to develop your team's capabilities to design and maximize operational and financial processes that drive improved integration and efficiency and ensure profitability of the Qualitative Practice. KEY OUTCOMES
- Strategic Partnership: Establishes a strong presence as senior qualitative financial and operational leader working closely with Kantar's Finance, Operations, and Technology teams. Serves as a trusted, strategic commercial advisor to the President, Qualitative North America.
- Commercial Acumen: Implements commercial rigor to ensure healthy financial performance (net sales, profitability) for the Qualitative Practice. Shares strategic oversight of the commercial pipeline (with Commercial Strategy) focused on optimizing profitability and resourcing projects appropriately.
- Project Management: Designs project management processes and solutions to ensure seamless delivery of projects that fuel high client satisfaction. Ensures integrated project and financial tracking. Coaches the team on best practice qualitative project management and overall project leadership.
- Financial Management: Manages a comprehensive Qualitative P&L (including Focus Suites NYC) across projects, domains, and clients – with a focus on how the Qualitative Practice can fuel profitable growth for Kantar North America. Works closely with Kantar Finance Business Partners.
- Performance Reporting: Expertise in managing and reporting key performance indicators (KPIs) to track and analyze business performance. Monitors performance drivers (project satisfaction, client satisfaction, client relationship impact) and synthesizes performance insights across multiple sources.
- Relationship Building: Successfully navigates across Kantar's Domain/Region/Global teams to build strong relationships, elevate and integrate qualitative within the organization, and nurture growth. Expands relationship touchpoints with internal clients and stakeholders to advocate for the team.
- Leadership and Team Development: Leads by example and develops a cohesive, high-performing team. Builds engagement among direct reports, indirect reports, and cross-functional partners by demonstrating Kantar Winning Behaviors, embodying Qualitative team values, communicating positively and consistently, and providing candid feedback for growth and improvement.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate an extensive background in project and financial management at an executive level, with demonstrated ability to manage staffing, budgeting, and other commercial levers to drive profitability. You possess a General Manager mindset with strong P&L management skills, while supporting Kantar operational and financial frameworks. You are a forward-looking planner, able to identify issues and opportunities and build action plans with an advisory and solution-oriented mindset.
- Proven track record of project, financial, and team management that drives business growth
- Reputation for high-quality project delivery, enabling efficiencies while exceeding client expectations
- Understanding of brand and marketing principles and the issues and challenges facing CMOs, Marketing, and Consumer Insights executives
- Capable of working very effectively and collaboratively across the business with first class influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Inspires a culture of collaboration and accountability in personal approach and ways of working
- Experience leading teams through times of growth, change and complexity, while maintaining a client-first mentality
- EVP, North America Finance and Finance Business Partner(s)
- Kantar Operations & Project Leadership Teams
- Kantar IT/Technology
- Associated commercial partners (e.g. Focus Suites; Second City)
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Financial performance of the practice vs. plan and prior year - including effective guidance on commercial performance through evaluating sales, pipeline, and client budgets
- Hire and develop a diverse and inclusive team to ensure that capacity is in place to fulfill growth potential and that the talent base remains relevant to client needs
- Advisory KPI's such as utilisation, margin, outbound activity and scheduling
- Employee engagement indicators
- Client satisfaction indicators
- Execution of key elements of strategy