Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
This position is responsible for the strategy and execution of Analytical tools for Moody’s Investor Services (MIS). The MIS Product Owner will need to both polish core solutions and think big to develop new, innovative products by representing the voice of the customer and different business needs. The successful candidate will have a solid technical background, with a demonstrated record of building product teams in an agile operating model while developing and growing products that have garnered significant revenue. This person will define vision while also being a pragmatic, detailed-oriented, and execution focused leader with the ability to build strong relationships across business leaders.
- Define and communicate the vision and strategy for Analytical Tools in the overall MIS product portfolio.
- Drive strong collaboration with the technology, operations, and commercial teams to translate strategy to actionable goals.
- Own the overall Product roadmap and identify opportunities to grow the product while maintaining fundamental business goals.
- Manage the product lifecycle from concept to prototype to various levels of maturation.
- Establish strong and collaborative relationships with business partners across the company to help identify new product or solutions requirements.
- Assist with decision-making and sequencing with respect to key technological infrastructure implementation that will host new business epics.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure that product architecture and development sprint and release planning meet corporate, operational, and customer goals.
- Primary responsibility, with appropriate stakeholder input, to build, prune, and maintain the product backlog, consisting mostly of user stories, but also defects, refactors and infrastructure work, prioritized based on user value, time dependencies, risk reduction and effort.
- Identify opportunities to automate tasks, leverage technology and reduce failure points in the product.
- Identify and mitigate risk and ensure controls are in place throughout the product lifecycle.
- Drive a culture that promotes collaboration, diversity, and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, industrial design, engineering or business. MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- Extensive experience in a highly digital environment driving delivery teams toward defined business outcomes.
- Proven experience managing large high performing Product teams as a Servant Leader.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- 15+ years building and delivering enterprise class products that delight customers.
- 15+ years of experience in technology development, including leadership role in large-scale environment.
- 15+ years working in lean and Agile development processes to develop and manage products and people through the entire product life cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with executive team, Research & Ratings teams, and operations.
- Superior analytical skills, in both the quantitative and the qualitative aspects.
- Crisp and effective communication skills, including significant experience presenting cross-functionally and across all levels.
- Ability to build and develop durable relationships across product teams, engineers, marketing, etc. to support research and strategy execution needs.
- Demonstrated experience leading change management within an organization and continual challenging of the status quo.
- Experience leading high performing teams.