Joining the team at a critical point in Marathon Health’s growth trajectory, the SVP, Product Management will be the responsible to help craft and execute the company’s overall service delivery offering. This will include the maturation and enhancement of existing core enterprise capabilities as well as net new product and service offerings. Acknowledging Marathon Health’s unique omni-channel service delivery care delivery model, the leader will need to drive both digital and in-person product development with an understanding of the overall service design. While the company must be cognizant of its member and employer-client stakeholder in the product offering, this role (and resulting capabilities roadmap) will be primarily guided by a member-lens and driven by what objectively yields higher engagement, member delight, health outcome improvement, and lowered cost of care.
Reporting to the CEO, this leader will lead product management and innovation initiatives, and in partnership with Operations and Technology teams, ensure product execution. The individual must understand Marathon Health’s vision and overall business strategy, competitive positioning, and work with our Growth and Strategy teams to ensure the product strategy is in alignment with an overall unified go-to-market strategy and 2+ year strategic roadmap.
- Own the documentation & execution of the overall product/capabilities roadmap for the company, with focus on the 18-month roadmap, clearly identifying what will be delivered when to inform internal and external stakeholder groups. The roadmap should be prioritized with an objective scoring methodology aligned to driving quadruple aim outcomes, the overall business strategy, and growth and profitability objectives
- Lead the digital member experience roadmap including iOS, Android, and web platforms; directly responsible for product management, engineering teams report up to CIO
- Lead the design & development of a virtual care delivery offering as part of a broader omni-channel care delivery offering. Help determine the proper balance of digital vs. in person service delivery; the proper balance of human interaction vs. automation, and proper balance of convenience vs. relationship continuity.
- Lead cross-functional product execution team, a cross-functional group of dedicated resources to pilot new or enhanced service offering pre-scale (once rolled out hand off to Operations to manage). Expected functional support to include representation from following teams: growth & strategy, operational enablement, PMO, clinical affairs, development, business intelligence, and technology.
- Provide input to and collaborate with Growth & Strategy leaders to evaluate build, partner, buy options to accelerate innovation and progress against the capabilities roadmap
- Partner with finance and operations to ensure a clear understanding of the unit and marginal economics of new product/service offerings to ensure this informs pricing strategy and the overall business objectives are met
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- Demonstrated success in Product Leadership roles with proven track record building, launching, and improving market-leading consumer/member facing offerings (with particular emphasis on omni-channel experience).
- Product Strategy – Natural ability to interpret market trends and consumer/member demand in order to determine present and future product needs and opportunities. Experience and familiarity with product marketing including product/market fit, competitive analysis and positioning, customer segmentation, pricing strategy, partner strategy and evaluation.
- Product Management – Can build repeatable processes and procedures which support timely release of world class products that meet member/consumer needs. Able to define a clear product roadmap, prioritize features/functions, and translate into realistic engineering requirements. Able to closely partner with development/delivery teams to drive future product releases.
- Experience in Enterprise environment with B2B2C a plus
- Experience in high growth, rapidly evolving company
- Knowledge of and experience in healthcare industry, including understanding of care delivery and managed care
- Excellent data-driven ability and use of objective research methods, and meaningful analytics to inform decisions and continuous improvement.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, empathy, and composure to effectively engage cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization
- Influential thought partner among senior leadership team and peers to enable successful execution of the company’s strategy and business plan
- Impeccable personal and professional ethics, integrity, standards; identifies with Marathon Health mission, values and Ambassador Code