Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Not Specified years
Posted 65 days ago
The SVP Product Management Global Identity & Fraud will have holistic responsibility for product management leadership and strategic product direction for the global Identity & Fraud business. This individual will apply deep understanding of industry trends and business models, develop solutions and strategies and drive sustained growth through innovative products.
Further, the SVP provides strategic direction and priorities for the Global ID&F technology development roadmap. As part of the matrix organization, the SVP works closely with other activities across delivery, operations, customer excellence and marketing for Global ID&F.
The key remit of this role, therefore, is to continue the evolution of the Global ID&F product portfolio through the effective and inspirational leadership of a constantly-improving team and to position Experian to capitalize on the significant opportunities available at the intersection of Fraud and Identity. These product leaders are responsible for the overall business and product strategy, prioritizing product development activities, helping our regions launch new solutions in-market, assisting with strategic sales opportunities, and in general are viewed internally and externally as leaders within the business. The SVP is responsible for having an in-depth knowledge of the Fraud & Identity market & competitive landscape, leading a team of subject matter experts who are truly business-oriented and customer obsessed in their focus on the market and addressing large customer opportunities.
The SVP Global ID&F Product Management is integral in the strategic planning process each year - ensuring that the Global DA vision is closely aligned to the strategies of the regions, vertical markets, Experian business units and the Experian corporate strategy itself.
The SVP will be an exceptional product leader who can accelerate the development and execution of the Global ID&F Products business. There is strategic ambition to grow the global DA business substantially. This ambition is forecast to be realized through a combination of organic, selective inorganic, product line growth as well as productivity and structural growth opportunities. Identity & Fraud is an important ingredient in this overall strategy. The SVP Product Management will be expected to provide key insights to the EVP & GM, ID&F to ensure this is realized.
Key responsibilities of the SVP will include:
• Definition of a comprehensive product strategy and execution plan that positions Experian as the leading solution provider to the Identity & Fraud solutions marketplace.
• Responsibility for the Product P&L for all Identity & Fraud products and services sold globally representing approximately $225 million in revenue ($80m global revenue, $145m through the regions); and for materially accelerating the growth of Experian’s Identity & Fraud business across the world.
• Leads efforts to capture market share from competitors and drive net new revenue through continuous innovation and new product/services introduction.
• Drive product requirements, collaborate with product development, and partner with clients, sales, and marketing to ensure that Experian’s products are market leading.
• Fosters differentiation by promoting the strategic capabilities of Experian’s Identity & Fraud solutions and true uniqueness of assets that can be leveraged in our regions.
• Embed strong “product lifecycle management” and “Software Development Lifecycle” processes and methodologies that are engrained and adhered to by the organization
• Implement and maintain high standards of organization, prioritization, communication and collaboration across the product management team and throughout the virtual teams delivering against the product management agenda
• Coach and develop team to operate as customer obsessed, market driven product leaders who operate successfully and respectfully in a large global matrix organization
• Build the right product management team and engender a strong culture of authenticity, transparency and execution, with a bias towards action and progress.
• Serve as a senior-level interface with clients on behalf of the business.
• Participate in and provide expert insight into the evaluation of strategic partners and potential acquisition targets that enhance to solution and address gaps in the product functionality.
• Collaborates to drive the integration of partners and acquired capabilities into the solution suite and go to market efforts.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP AND TEAM
The position reports directly to the EVP Global Identity & Fraud. Furthermore, the SVP of Product Management directly manages 5 direct reports and a total team of approximately 20 comprised of product managers and product specialists distributed throughout the US, UK, and Sofia, Bulgaria. Additionally, the SVP will collaborate with peer Product Management leaders across DA in all regions, the VP Product Development F&ID, the Global DA Marketing leaders, and Heads of other Global DA Business Functions such as development and delivery.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
Qualified candidates for the SVP Product Management role should have a minimum of twelve years of progressive management and leadership experience in Product Strategy, Product Management and/or Product Marketing, with preference for an individual who has displayed recent leadership within a progressive, results oriented, fast growth global company.
Further desirable experience would include:
• A product management leader with significant expertise leading and influencing world class Product Vision inclusive of Product Positioning, Product Pricing, Go-To-Market Strategy, Operations, Technology with a consistent eye on revenue objectives.
• Domain expertise within the Authentication, Identity and/or Fraud related enterprise software solutions industry. Complementary expertise from data science & analytics, cyber security, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence or other related industry/market segments known for word class product management disciplines is also desirable.
• Proven success developing and executing business strategies and product strategies resulting in measurable business results. Specifically, this person must be able to analyze market opportunities, behaviors and the competitive landscape to identify the levers of the business and translate those into products and propositions. The ideal candidate has developed successful Product and proposition strategies that delivered rapid, profitable revenue growth in a diverse and competitive ecosystem.
• Well versed in Technology - Ability / determination to go head to head with Technology leaders to ensure the product roadmap is aligned with the market direction in a timely and relevant way
• Experience with identifying and vetting opportunities for M&A and partnerships to fill in gaps in the product roadmap; Experience with incorporating acquired / partner and non-organic capabilities within the product suite and propositions
• Proven expertise leveraging needs-based research, customer segmentation and customer insights to drive product strategy and execution.
• Proven ability to identify, vet and select winning new products and propositions and create and execute a roadmap for these opportunities from concept to launch.
• Track record of delivering and managing product innovation efforts, bringing MVPs to market and seeking quick customer feedback and refining or terminating quickly based on data collected
• Comfortable speaking in front of both small and large groups – Brings or acquires deep understanding of the industry, trends, competition, market needs as well as, regulatory and compliance requirements.
• Demonstrated ability leading strategic product strategies and quantitative assessments of programs.
• An ability to organize and manage multiple concurrent projects and priorities and operate at an extremely high pace.
• Proven ability to develop a product line from concept to mature solution offering; ability to introduce new propositions based on client needs
• A demonstrated track record of operating as a senior leader who can drive results through the ability to evangelize ideas, synthesize different perspectives and progress change across regional and global stakeholders
• Successful at working in a matrixed environment.
The ideal candidate will be, first and foremost, a person that typifies strong personal integrity and places significant value on his/her specific business responsive contributions and upgraded product management competencies.
Additional character traits sought include:
• An influencer – one who leads and empowers people, creates followership, removes roadblocks and acts as an advocate for their team. Facilitates change management – continuously improving outcomes.
• An iterative / complex thinker, comfortable with ambiguity, informal and high-influence leadership style,
• An analytical and financially minded business executive that operates within a framework that utilizes well defined metrics, scorecards and key performance indicators.
• Proven management and organizational skills working in a fast-paced and high growth environment; experience scaling a company in a dynamic environment.
• Models the company’s core principles and values with creditability. Understands the company’s history, current business and future goals.
• A strong leader that balances empathy with determination. Staunchly defending his or her position/strategic direction while considering the position of others.
• An “in-the-trenches” and hands on product executive who immerse themselves in the business and industry.
• A leader who focuses not only on relentless execution to a strategy but also on the development of a team of people who enable the company to achieve these ends - the SVP Product Management will be an inspirational leader and effective at developing people to reach their full potential.
• An executive with considerable experience leading transformational change. The breadth of this change experience should span technology as well as people and process and be driven by a goal of operational excellence.
• Strong partnership and collaborative style with outstanding communication skills: written, verbal and presentation. Engaging, informative, brief, to the point.
• Able to thrive and lever opportunities derived from being a member of a dynamic executive team where organizational reporting structure and hierarchy do not dictate effectiveness or ability to have an impact.
• Fast mover, nimble and decisive with as demonstrated entrepreneurial approach to business process, balancing control with flexibility, procedure with simplicity, and willingness to innovate and change while creating an environment of rigor and discipline.
• Outstanding internal and external communication skills with a demonstrated ability to listen, connect with people on operational issues. Operates effectively in a matrix.
The successful candidate should possess at minimum a University degree from an accredited institution; an advanced degree is highly desirable as is continuing education in Pragmatic Marketing.