We are seeking an experienced executive to join as the Senior Vice President, Product and Technology. Reporting to the CEO, and as a member of the executive leadership team, the SVP will be responsible for creating and communicating a strategic vision for the technology platform that will allow the company to continue delivering highly competitive customer-facing products and services.
You will lead the Product Management, Software Development, and DevOps/Security executives and their teams to define and execute the product strategy and roadmap; and deliver on time, high quality products and services for our millions of customers worldwide. As a key driver for our global enterprise business expansion, the SVP will achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing software development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development and deployment of all Hootsuite’s web-based services.
The ideal candidate will be an senior executive with a passion for building innovation and scaling technologies and product teams. With extensive leadership experience in SaaS businesses, this thought leader will be informed on technology trends and evolving social behavior that will help support the success of Hootsuite’s business.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide overall strategic direction and leadership for Hootsuite’s Product and Technology teams, including product management, software development, security and DevOps functions.
- Define and drive the overall product vision, portfolio strategy and roadmap (across the platform, API and application layers) to provide highly differentiated, industry leading solutions.
- Achieve strategic goals by monitoring key market and global technology trends, managing inbound/outbound customer engagement, and participating in analyst meetings.
- Lead a global engineering team to execute on the overall software development initiatives tied to Hootsuite’s product roadmap and delivery timelines, while ensuring quality, stability, security, and ultimately customer delight. Introduce and reinforce development best practices, tools and processes.
- Work with peers in go-to-market organizations to align the product vision with sales enablement activities, with a focus on channel/partner enablement.
- Serve as a catalyst in bringing together new ideas and creative processes to execute a technical vision. Foster innovation and sharing of best practices with other cross-functional groups while creating an environment of continuous improvement.
- Provide insight and alerts to the management team on broad strategic and tactical assessments of product technology in the marketplace, opportunities and threats. Identify opportunities for new and innovative technologies that strengthen and diversify Hootsuite’s portfolio.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy, product vision, opportunities and challenges to investors, management, staff, partners, customers and other key stakeholders.
- Leverage research and market analysis to facilitate build, buy and/or partner decisions related to product roadmaps.
- Further the professional development of the Products and Technology team, recruiting and growing the organization into a high-performing team that releases high quality products on time and on budget on a regular basis. Be viewed by the team as a respected technology leader, one that adds value to the team from a technology, process and leadership standpoint.
Professional experience & qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced senior technologist/product/engineering leader from the social media/marketing SaaS sector. They must have significant experience building highly scalable software systems, applications and platforms being developed for enterprise customers.
Specific experience to include, but not be limited to:
- Progressive management experience in having led an enterprise software product roadmap of at least $50M+.
- Demonstrated product leadership experience setting the product vision and successfully diversified and scaled a product portfolio. Experience building, leading and motivating product management teams. Leads by example with strategic thinking and a focus on execution.
- Software development leadership - Strong track record of success in the architecture, development and delivery of world class software solutions. Inherent knowledge of development and architectural processes and best practices to manage multiple, large scale, and co-dependent product development projects consistently on time and on budget.
- Cultivates innovation – Ability to drive a strong strategic and technical point of view that challenges the current thinking and inspires thoughtful and productive debate. Demonstrated track record of building a culture of excellence and execution. Leads by example with creativity, strategic thinking and innovation.
- A hands-on and active leader and mentor, who is capable of setting clear and measurable expectations for a global, distributed and high performing technology team; has ability to manage this team across multiple products simultaneously.
- Strong go-to-market execution knowledge, with experience building senior-level relationships with global customers; as well as partnering with sales and marketing to improve sales motion.
- Successfully contributed to open source software development, standardization of technologies, and evolution of best practices.
- Experience in instituting standards, procedures and methodologies, always looking for areas of improvement and better ways to do things. Knowledgeable in the use of structured project methodologies and/or project planning tools.
- An undergraduatedegree or postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or MBA would be an asset.
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.