$200K — $275K + 30-60% bonuses *
Title: Sr. Vice President – Financial Due Diligence - Transaction Services - Investment Banking
Type of role: Direct Hire
Locations: New York City, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Nashville or Denver (Position is remote until further notice. Looking for candidates that live in or near the cities listed.)
Compensation: Flexible based on experience + aggressive performance-based bonuses
Our client is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, and valuation. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of the firm’s commitment to client success across its advisory services. Our client is the No. 1 M&A advisor for the past six consecutive years in the U.S., the No. 1 global restructuring advisor for the past seven consecutive years, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, all based on number of transactions and according to data provided by Refinitiv.
The open position is for a Senior Vice President within the Transaction Advisory Services practice. As a professional in the group, you will be teamed with a highly talented and dedicated group of M&A financial and tax due diligence professionals on an investment banking platform. Our client is the only investment bank that has a dedicated TAS practice which provides our team with greater industry insights and knowledge on current market dynamics as we partner and collaborate with the broader corporate finance and capital markets businesses. You will develop and extend your financial, business development, and interpersonal skills as you perform M&A financial due diligence related to the purchase and sale of private and public companies while greatly increasing your professional network.
The environment is collaborative and entrepreneurial. The ideal candidate should be motivated, creative, commercially driven, and possess strong skills in overall project management, leading, managing, performing financial analysis, and business development. Candidates must have a strong knowledge and prior experience in M&A financial due diligence.
They team closely with our corporate finance and restructuring colleagues across all our industry platforms, on a variety of projects and accounts.
· Primary activities will include executing buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory engagements; business development; and overall engagement management
· Act as the lead professional on engagements—managing the day-to-day tasks of projects and serving as a principal contact with client personnel; managing client deliverables
· Lead diligence meetings, draft and review tailored due diligence reports specific to key issues such as normalized earnings, achievability of management’s budget, indebtedness considerations, and working capital analysis
· Direct the efforts of Vice Presidents, Associates and Financial Analysts, providing guidance with an apprenticeship approach
· Review transaction documents
· Network with prospects to build revenue producing relationships
· Drive business development events and initiatives in the region and in some cases, outside the New York area
· Collaborate closely with corporate finance, capital markets, valuation, and financial restructuring colleagues
· COVID vaccination required, subject to applicable state and federal law
· The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with an exceptional work ethic, and have a demonstrated track record of client development (private equity client experience preferred)
· 8+ years of professional experience, including extensive financial due diligence experience at a Big 4 firm
· Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
· Demonstrated professional achievement and client service excellence
· CPA required
· Strong current knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including SEC reporting, purchase accounting and transaction related issues
· Strong analytical abilities
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Strong command of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and common database systems. Experience with data analytics tools (Alteryx, Tableau, etc.) preferred
· Ability and desired willingness to travel
Valid through: 11/10/2021