Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking an SVP, Medical Director in our New York City office. The SVP, Medical Director ensures that scientific materials produced are of high quality, supported by current scientific thinking and are consistent with PHRMA requirements for promotional with the ultimate goal of maintaining and building the scientific reputation of the company. The SVP, Medical Director partners with clients, opinion leaders, other internal and external scientific professionals as well as with Account Services team to ensure ongoing, positive relationships with our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Client | Engage in client interaction including running teleconferences and client meetings, answering questions regarding content issues on manuscripts, presentations, attend meetings & demonstrate knowledge of content. Liaise with client and authors to ensure project timelines are met.
- Manage | Effectively manage multiple indications from a scientific perspective including publication plans. Delegate literature search on background of drug and/or therapeutic category in keeping with strategic direction. Implement strategic direction in partnership with clients and account services. Supervise creation of all promotional medical education materials and fact-check for medical accuracy. Manage and provide direction to Scientific team and writers. Critique drafts, query and identify resources needed to meet deadline/deliverable and within budget. Cultivate existing relationships with key opinion leaders and initiate new relationships to drive appropriate communication strategies and content.Identify and secure business opportunities on account (e.g. organic growth). Partner with scientific leadership to grow the culture, reputation, and success of the company.
- Collaborate | Serve as a medical expert for internal teams and clients and ensure that materials meet clients’ strategic specifications. Partner with account services and finance on timelines and resource utilization as well as review and assess budget. Implement strategic direction in partnership with clients and account services.
Who you are:
- Leader | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Problem solver | Ensure quality control by reviewing agency products including: creative work, key client communications, key schedules, creative strategies, and strategic decks. Assist with day-to-day problem-solving by providing guidance to freelancers and raise issues and solutions to senior team. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Advanced degree in biomedical sciences (MD, PhD, PharmD).
- Experience: 7+ years academic, pharmaceutical industry or agency experience, experience in multiple therapeutic areas.
- Full command of, and adherence to internal processes on all projects.