Responsible for operational, financial, the overall performance and oversight of the Investor Reporting and Loan Administration functional areas within the CMSloan servicing division. Identify opportunities for improvement within the functional areas and also be responsible for overseeing large scale projects within the CMS business unit. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the overall operation of the Investor Reporting and Loan Administration functional areas which includes: Investor Reporting, Loan Transfer, Special Loans, Correspondence, Escrow, Tax and Insurance.
- Formulate business plans and cost effective solutions with support and approval of the Executive Vice President. Lead the development and execution of strategic and tactical objectives for the assigned functions, including ensuring projects meet strategic needs.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, including hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- Develops and establishes relationships with other internal departments, as well as external vendors, to maximize efficiency and effectiveness across the CMS platform.
- Develop and implement forecasting models as needed for the respective departments to drive business direction and decisions.
- Coordinate with internal teams and external vendors to ensure compliance with regulatory (i.e. CFPB, OCC, etc.) and investor requirements (i.e. Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, etc.).
- Develop and implement productivity metrics and policies and procedures to ensure functional area objectives are being met or exceeded.
- Ensure all processes and procedures effectively meet servicing requirements while adhering to internal policies and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong working knowledge of Investor Reporting with agencies (i.e. FHA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of Loan Administration in mortgage servicing.
- Proficient skills in working with the Microsoft Suite of Applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent negotiation, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and collaborate across all organizational levels as well as with agency staff and vendors.
- Ability to interact with Executive Management as an advisor on projects, and to act as the company’s principal spokesperson in area of expertise
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related major, or equivalent work experiencerequired
- Minimum ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of related mortgage loan servicing experience, including having served in an senior management role (i.e. Vice President or higher)
- Seven (7) plus years’ experience in Investor Reporting with preferably at least three (3) of those year in a management capacity.
- Proven record of financial business management, including management and oversight of 100+ FTEs
- Prior experience working for a top mortgage servicing company