SVP Human Resources - Retail
The SVP Human Resources – Retail Business is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the Retail Pharmacy business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, organizational design and compensation.
• Establish and implement HR efforts for the Retail Business that effectively communicate and support the company’s mission and strategic vision.
• As a member of the enterprise HR Leadership Team, participate in the assessment, development and implementation of enterprise HR policies and programs to support and advance all of the enterprise businesses.
• Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of overall Retail business strategic and operational objectives, ensuring alignment with enterprise objectives.
• Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of the Retail business units regarding key organizational and management issues.
• Work with the Retail leadership team to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the business.
• Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
• Participate in the development and implementation of comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
• This position is directly responsible for leading senior Retail HR leaders and indirectly responsible for all employees within the division.
• 20-25% domestic travel
The ideal candidate for the SVP Human Resources, Retail position will be a human resources executive with success in strategically and tactically implementing best-in-class programs and initiatives. He/she will have acquired all or part of his/her experience in a fast-paced, service-driven retail business known for human resources innovation, as well as a commitment to best practices in the human resource function.
• 15+ years of strategic human resources leadership experience with at least five years at the executive level.
• Experience within a distributed workforce. Ability to understand the subtleties of driving messages and change down through 10k stores.
• Success in working with a variety of organizational leaders to build consensus around HR strategy and drive sustainable change.
• Demonstrated innovation in all areas of talent management including workforce management in a multi-location services environment with US.
• A track record of attracting, leading, and retaining outstanding talent and motivating high performing teams.
• The proven ability to bring immediate credibility to the HR function through his/her professional qualifications and leadership skills, as well as project the highest levels of professionalism and integrity.
• Superior interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills as well as proven business skills are required.
• Experience that demonstrates an understanding of the implications that the human resources function will have on the strategic, financial, and organizational demands of a large retail organization with a distributed workforce.
• Demonstrated success in leading large scale proposals and programs related to compensation and equity.
• Knowledge of U.S. federal and state labor and employment legal requirements including, but not limited to, leaves of absence, hiring, sexual harassment, and Title VII.
• The proven ability to serve as a positive and ethical role model with strong influencing skills.
• Must be comfortable effectively communicating at all levels of the organization from the executive management team to entry-level administrative and hourly staff.
• MBA/MA/MS in Human Resources or a related field is preferred
• BS/BA required