SVP, Human Resources / CHRO
Top Must Haves for the Ideal Candidate:
1. Bachelor's degree in business, HR, or any HR-related field. Master's degreepreferred.
2. Minimum of 15 years in an HR management role in a manufacturing company.
3. A mix of both large and small company experience / adept at handling all levels of responsibility.
4. Ability to lead strategically while maintaining a tactical work ethic in a lean environment.
5. Experience in a PE backed company, having dealt with M&A activity.
6. Collaborative leader with a high degree of emotional intelligence who can gain trust and develop effective interpersonal relationships with key leaders in the company.
Company & Role Overview:
Our client is a middle-market private equity backed manufacturer and marketer of functional accessories for the automotive and recreational vehicle aftermarkets.
The ideal candidate will be a proven seasoned HR executive with both generalist and functional expertise and proven experience in all HR areas including, recruitment, training and development, compensation and benefits, organizational design, talent management, and labor relations. He/She will have demonstrated experience and achievements building and directing Human Resource organizations, seamlessly integrating acquired companies, and achieving multiple process improvement goals for both domestic and international business.
As the client seeks to add to their team, the ideal candidate will champion HR as a strategic partner critical to fulfillment of the corporate mission and vision with a key responsibility for driving increased engagement and culture in line with the company values. Growth continues both organically and through M&A activity; target candidate has participated in diligence activities and shown the ability to consolidate and integrate post-merger acquisitions allowing for a cohesive culture across the organization. He/She will have experience with a growth organization and support the company in developing organization structures to support the current and anticipated size of the business.
Responsibilities: The CHRO reports directly to the CEO.
- Staffing & Recruitment:Directs the administration of policies and programs pertaining to the employment and movement of qualified employees to ensure that organizational staffing needs are met, and to minimize cost and inefficiencies attributable to insufficient human resources.
- Employee Compensation & Benefits: Directs all duties associated with the administration of policies and programs pertaining to compensation and benefits in order to attract, retain and reward competent employees.
- Training & Organizational Development:Partners with the CEO and members of the Executive Management Team (EMT) to set direction for the Company and to ensure that the Company's culture and infrastructure is aligned with long and short-term goals.
- Employee Relations. Directs the administration of policies and programs that facilitate employee engagement, teamwork and communication in order to maintain or enhance employee morale and continuously improve the overall quality of work life throughout the Company.
- Safety & Workers Compensation:Directs the administration of policies and programs pertaining to occupational health & safety in order to minimize or eliminate losses attributable to personnel injury, occupational illness and non-compliance with regulatory statutes.
- HR Department/Budget Management: Manages the recruitment, maintenance and deployment of all HR staff, financial, physical and technological resources in the Human Resources function to ensure that Human Resource goals and programs are adequately resourced, managed and accomplished throughout the Company.
Location & Compensation:
The CHRO will be based in Kansas. A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary, along with performance-based bonus.