Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Sales Growth Initiatives is accountable for operationalizing sales growth strategy within a very complex and competitive environment. This individual will be responsible for creating sales strategy and managing M&A activities that will drive business development growth within the organization.
LPL is seeking an accomplished, highly energetic and metrics-driven executive with a proven track record of creating and operationalizing new sales initiatives. This role will be the leverage point for our regional teams focused on driving new business development. This leader will create a team that can mind-share corporately and deploy locally, supporting the regional sales teams to exceed goals.
This leader will be skilled in engaging in high-level strategic discussions with business leaders, Advisors, and the executive team. Additionally, they must understand, utilize, and stay current with industry best practices, financial markets, the regulatory environment, and the competitive landscape to optimize results. This role will be exposed to all facets of the business and will need to continually learn and develop within their own role as well as gain a greater understanding of the corporate structure and functions.
- •Facilitates and manages acquisition and investment processes with cross-functional corporate groups, ensuring adoption of and improvement of M&A activities throughout the M&A cycle.
- •Identifies, evaluates and executes on novel and innovative business models.
- •Identifies new business development sales strategies by analyzing market trends and financials that are innovating and differentiating.
- •Collaborates with various corporate teams including finance, legal, marketing and executive management teams.
- •Motivates, directs and monitors the activities of team, ensuring company objectives are clearly understood and aggressively pursued.
- •Possesses strong executive presence with the ability to interact and influence Senior Management.
- •Prepares and presents clear and compelling materials for Management Committee and CEO review.
- •Promotes goals and objectives of the company at conferences, trade shows, and other industry meetings.
“Must Have” Qualifications:
- •15years of progressive roles in strategic planning and corporate development
- •Very strong capital markets and finance skills, probably gained with training at an investment bank, or in the corporate finance/treasury function of a large public company.
- •Success track record leading deal teams on multiple corporate development transactions that were integral to superior industry leading non-organic growth.
- •Strong knowledge of business and personal tax matters that would impact the actions of entrepreneurs in the wealth management business.
- •Extensive knowledge of the wealth management business.
- •Detailed knowledge of technology tools and marketing strategies effective in business-to-business enterprise sales of complex recurring revenue service platforms.
- •Successful track record in taking a highly successful, market-leading sales organization through a transformative period, resulting in major productivity and efficiency improvements.
- •Market leading knowledge of bleeding edge technology tools, including big data driven predictive analytics and end-to-end digital client experience methodologies, and the ability to bring the whole organization along to quick and productive adoption of these tools and processes.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished executive with progressive leadership in the areas of sales strategy, operations and analytics for driving business development. This individual plays a crucial role in creating strategies and repeatable and sustainable activities that distinguish LPL from the competition.
Job ID: R-002025.