The Head of HR for kate spade leads a global team of HR professionals, partners with Tapestry HR teams and supports colleagues to stretch what’s possible by unlocking the power of our people. The role is responsible for building a diverse talent engine where our talent can thrive as we propel kate spade’s business growth and strong culture to meet and exceed business objectives.
Based in New York City and reporting to the brand CEO, the role also has a matrix reporting line to Tapestry’s Global HR Officer and is a member of Tapestry’s HR Leadership Team.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Human Resources to...
- Be a thought leader and partner to the kate spade Brand President and leadership team on business and talent strategies
- Establish and execute on people strategies for kate spade to achieve short and long term business objectives and build culture
- Leverage Tapestry COEs, including talent, learning, rewards, operations, EI&D, communications and analytics to deliver services and solutions to the kate spade team
- Create and optimize a global organizational construct
- Identify a key talent pipeline within organization and generate development opportunities including career moves within and across brands and functions
- Own Executive (VP+) recruiting for kate spade
- Foster a culture of respectful transparency and debate
- Influence and shape all Tapestry people strategies as a member of the HR Leadership team
- Ensure consistency in the application of people policies and practices throughout the company so that values and principles are upheld and legal risks are managed.
- Lead and develop a proactive, high performing HR team with a customer first mindset and driven by data
The accomplished individual will possess...
- 15+ years of HR experience
- 10+ years leading a team; an authentic and inclusive leader with the ability to motivate, empower and develop a diverse, high-performing team
- Experience operating in a fast-paced, global environment; retail experience strongly preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to form strong relationships across the organization
- Expertise partnering with and coaching C-level Executives
- Proven ability to lead large-scale talent initiatives
Strong business acumen with the ability to connect business and people strategies