The Senior Vice President of the Finance Shared Services Center (FSSC) is responsible for developing and executing the strategy of FSSC and overseeing the operating departments within the FSSC which include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Non-Gaming Audit and Accounting, Gaming Audit and Accounting, Accounting Services (General Ledger), Payroll, and Center Services.. The FSSC is a service provider to Company business units and as a strategic partner, should enable business units to be focused on strategy and operational excellence, while the FSSC is focused on accounting and audit service delivery. The SVP is a strategic partner for business units the FSSC serves and will ensure service culture is core to the FSSC’s mission.
- Design and execute strategies to ensure FSSC is delivering a best in class shared service with a focus on continuously balancing quality and client (business unit) satisfaction to deliver accounting and audit related services to business units.
- Partner with other Company service centers to ensure alignment and coordinated service delivery. This includes Human Resources, Procurement, Information Technology, and others.
- Ensure ongoing risk assessment of foundation health and recommend mitigation, or corrective actions if needed.
- Ensure formal, structured framework is in place for integrating new entities including outlets, acquired and newly developed companies. Partner with other service
- Risk assessment and monitoring – recommend corrective action to senior management
- Shared service models are designed to scale; ensure scale is understood throughout the center through capacity models, and that the operations are evaluated as a full-scale business.
- Ensure continuous refinement and measurement of acquisition integration model with FSSC leadership teams, legal, retained business unit operations and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure all service level agreements are adhered to, and that KPI targets are routinely evaluated and metrics are monitored
- Advocate for FSSC externally in dealing with other shared service centers and other companies, to build a network of contact to help advance the FSSC’s maturity as a shared services center.
- Prepare and be accountable for budgets. Develop relationships with key regulatory bodies in all jurisdictions to ensure alignment is continuous even among regulatory changes. Partner with internal legal counsel, and government affairs teams to ensure all regulatory changes are fully evaluated for Company impact, and properly implemented.
- Establish credibility as a business unit partner, to ensure business units are properly supported for any new or changing business transactions. This could include establishing or evaluating contracts for leases, managed outlets, tenants, and other business-related transactions.
- Ensure governance model and associated monitoring activities are designed for highest quality outcomes. Quality processes, are the result of strong policies and procedures, and must ensure compliance with GAAP, SOX, gaming, other regulatory and internal control requirements.
- Ensure accounting and audit processes result in timely and accurate processing, recording and reporting.
- Measure and report process performance and establish culture-based activities for the same.
- Develop and foster a culture of service within the FSSC; coach accounting and audit. professionals to deliver excellent service including a balanced mix of quality and satisfaction.
- Develop a culture of innovation allowing teams to creatively solve problems.
- Coach and develop a culture of LEAN to empower teams to eliminate waste from processes.
- Develop a culture of partnership across corporate and property business units and functions to best align service approach with business unit needs for the goal of improving process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure alignment with other corporate service operations (HR, IT, Sourcing, etc.) to enable strategic partnerships and alignment with overall company strategy.
- Maintain and enhance client service through continuous feedback and measurement of quality and satisfaction.
- Influence business units to support continuous FSSC improvements and transformations by: building relationships and partnerships, managing change and delivering measurable results
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related field
- 15 years of experience hospitality accounting or finance experience
- Previous experience leading a Shared Services function or division
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting