The Director of ServicingLoan Administration will oversee the planning, organization, communication and successful execution of the operational processes for Performing Servicing activities in compliance with applicable laws, regulatory andinvestor guidelines, while providing a best in class customerexperience. This role will beresponsible for improving operational efficiency and driving productivity gains throughtechnology, process, or people improvements. He/She must drive value for the bank by managing complexity, assessingrisk, managing change, navigating ambiguity, and balancing strategy and execution with thedesired level of business performance. Positionreports directly to the Executive Vice President of Performing Servicing and will have the senior leaders of Cash Operations, Escrow, SpecialLoans (investorreporting),Loan Boarding and Service Transfers as directreports. Our Director of Servicing forLoan Administration will be the executive lead contact with ourrisk partners (internal compliance,audit, andrisk) as well as ourother collaborative efforts with ourshared services team on priorities and strategies.
- Oversees, mentors and guides five+ senior leaders who manage the day to day operations over multiple and varied business units, including - Cash Operations, Escrow, Special Loans, Loan Boarding (organic and third party) and Service Transfers.
- Demonstrates a high level of creativity and critical thinking to address problems decisively and develop long term, sustainable solutions. Reinforces culture of shared ownership and accountability for results. Advises EVP of Performing Servicing about operational opportunities, resource options, technology options and staffing planning.
- Manages our implementation process, ensuring results satisfy regulatory and investor requirements. Reviews business, technology, legal and compliance assignments to ensure implementation schedule is maintained and deadlines are successfully met within defined and documented timelines.
- Guides the oversight of four Tier 1 vendors through senior operational leaders, including RFPs, contract and/or SOW negotiation and cost analysis.
- Champions communication through consistent, clear and concise verbal and written means. Communicate and motivate cross functional business partners as well as team leaders and front line team members. Demonstrate situational awareness with a strong sense of urgency by responding immediately to escalated issues and rapidly changing priorities
- Provide process and servicing system expertise, guidance and leadership across all things servicing operations related. These include collaborating with otherinternal business departments to improve processes, leading responses and problem solving for major impact issues as well as building a high performing ops team. Lead and facilitate working meetings that result in actionable items and provide direction to project team. Drive focus on forward progress and creativity, even when working through complex, often competing needs.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS DiplomaRequired
- Bachelor's DegreePreferred (Business Administrator or Accounting)
- 10 years of leadership experience
- 15+ years of experience in Mortgage Servicing
- 15+ years of experience with servicing systems, including MSP/Black Knight
- 10+ years in one or more of the following: project management, implementation or strategic planning.
- Working understanding of risk, compliance and regulatory & investor requirements
- Experience in industry working groups and/or advisory committees.
- Six SigmaBlack Belt or Master Black Belt Certified, preferred
- Strong problem solving & strategic thinking skills with the ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Exceptional written and oral communication including facilitation & summarization skills to drive action and results
- Stays abreast of industry best practices, technologies, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Must be highly organized and have a strong attention to detail including the ability to create and maintain documentation
- Ability to work with, lead and consult with all levels in the organization
- Have an innate ability to understand very complex processes and systems, immediately and intuitively understanding how they work and how they can be improved
- Adjusts positively to quickly-changing priorities and shifting goals
- Engages with the highest levels of executive and C-suite-level management
- Travel Requirements: Up to 10% travel