The Relationship Manager (RM) is one of the key roles-needed to design, deliver and implement Workforce Strategies for supported businesses enabled by Smart Automation and Resource & Location Strategy levers. The RM is responsible for partnering with internal clients in the development of a strategy for their respective organizations. The strategy needs to be based on intimate knowledge of the organization and its business domain and processes; Citi's policies and requirements; Citi Lean and reengineering best practices; optimal uses and best fit of Smart Automation-enabled technologies (e.g., Robotics/RPA solutions; AI/Machine Learning solutions), the overall Citi Resource and Location Strategy; and best practices in the industry. In addition, the Relationship Manager will be a key partner working on Services Strategy 2020.Services Strategy 2020 is an integral part Citi’s Strategy and aims to transform all aspects of our Operations and Business Processes including Business Alignment, Service Excellence, Risk and Controls, Operating Efficiency and Talent. Services Strategy 2020 will accelerate our traditional improvement levers, such as Citi Lean and Resource & Location Strategy, while enhancing them with emerging technologies such as robotics and artificial intelligence. Key Responsibilities, and Typical Work Expectations:
- The RM will partner with business (s) to design and implement Smart Automation and R&LS strategies—assessing across all Citi Lean productivity levers (e.g., elimination, standardization reengineering, traditional technologies, RPA and robotics, AI, role resource & location, etc.).
- Post-implementation, the RM will provide governance across the newly implemented model.
- Responsibilities include implementing measures around productivity, innovation, cost efficiencies, source of resource utilization and overall alignment with organization's broader reengineering goals.
- The RM is expected to be knowledgeable on and leverage industry standard re-engineering principles, methodologies and tools to drive the development of strategy.
- Leads transformation efforts around role/process reengineering, including the application of Citi Lean techniques, to include right placing roles.
- Develop opportunities with Business to optimize processes and resource requirements through use of Robotics Process Automation and AI.
- The RM must have a good understanding of the global labor market and how to successfully operate in it.
- The RM must possess intimate knowledge of the business domain being supported.
- The RM must be able to program manage the design and execution of the Strategy. This includes design through implementation as well as governance and post implementation process improvement.
- RM has to be very strong in building effective relationships. Given the size and complexity of Citi, the ability to influence change indirectly will be critical.
- Lead and drives work in partnerships with clients- seen as a trusted advisor.
- RM will build engagement, trust and book of work with senior, internal clients-typically Director (C15) and Managing Director level (C16+).
- Will drive strategic R&LS programs using R&LS methodology.
- Program manage strategy design efforts and then implementation and operation of the strategy, as required.
- Typically lead multiple programs simultaneously.
- Build and facilitate program governance; manage change control; ensure program benefits are met while managing risks.
- Manage a matrix team of professionals, both inside R&LS and outside partners (e.g., CRS, ESC, Risk, Finance, CSS, Audit, etc.) in the course of program management.
- 10-15 years professional experience; top tier management consulting firm transformation experience; financial services business management and transformation experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. (Graduate Degree from top tier institution preferred)
- 2+ years of project/program management experience related to technology deployment and ideally working withRobotics and other emerging technologies (preferred)
- Previous experience leading or developing automation solutions particularly with Robotics will be highly valued
- Hands-on experience in resource and location strategy, opportunity analysis, business case development, outsourcing, and migration management
- Strong data analytics capabilities especially cost analysis and internal/external benchmarking
- Certified OMM, LEAN/Six Sigma (Preferred)
- Significant functional knowledge of Citi business lines-particularly EO&T and Global Functions Organizations
- Hands on experience in R&LS methodology fully conversant in phase deliverables, data enrichment tools/process, opportunity analysis, business case development and migration management.
- Outstanding influence and communications skills, particularly with senior executives. Client centric mindset. Sought after for subject matter expertise.
- Strong track record of results-gets deliverables done on time with high quality, meets deadlines.
- Clear sense of urgency.
- Management consulting, transformation, and change management skills and experience.
- Ability to work independently to build a client-centric book of work.
- High energy, self-starter, excellent team player.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to structure logical analysis in presentations
- Excel and PowerPoint skills are key
An understanding of Citi's businesses, the major strategic issues and the senior management landscape would be beneficial