Summary of Responsibilities:
The Director, Loan Operations is responsible for the quality and integrity of the Company's Loan Operations department. The incumbent oversees a team of Associates specialized in loans, payment processing, quality control, participations and syndication, reporting and remittance, payment and tracking, loan maintenance/ research, and loan balancing/reporting. Additionally, s/he supervises, trains, and develops Loan Managers in skills, processes, and procedural competencies to maximize operational potential.
- Discusses and reviews collection activity regularly with staff to ensure consistent practices in accordance with all state and federal laws.
- Develops procedures as needed, and overall coordination of department workflow.
- Supervises, trains, and develops Loan Managers in skills, processes, and procedural competencies to maximize Operations potential.
- Oversees and delegates special projects for the department; ensures alignment with the Company's strategic goals and growth plans.
- Creates, defines and evaluates workflow procedures to determine best practices, and recommends staffing and training needs.
- Develops written procedures for department in conjunction with team
- Ensures loan documentation is delivered to and received from lenders in a timely manner
- Performs job accountabilities and ensures quality control throughout department with accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensures that department activities are completed in accordance with federal and state compliance requirements including disclosures, reporting and record retention. Coordinates and/or facilitates appropriate training.
- Contributes to improving systems by recommending and reviewing enhancement requests, contributing and interacting with user groups, and working with software support; tests software upgrades for functionality and identifies problems.
- Manages and recommends upgrades and improvements to loan processing procedures; ensures that changes are implemented as necessary.
- Manages and delegates workflow as special needs and projects arise; continually evaluates processes for necessary restructuring of workflow or assignments; making recommendations and directing implementation regarding new procedures for improving efficiency in the department.
- Compiles data and reports as needed for Company exams and special projects/requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers and professional staff. Is responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: Business, Finance, or equivalent degree.
- Master's Degree: Business, Finance, or equivalent degree.
- or equivalent work experience: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience -
- 12-15 years Loan Operations, Collections, Customer Service or related experience.
- Leadership and management experience, including previous training and mentoring staff.
- Auto-Finance; sub-prime experience strongly preferred.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Demonstrated acumen in delivering adequate operational control environment to meet regulatory requirements
- Excellent leadership skills applicable to all levels of the organization and the ability to effectively manage large groups in multiple locations.
- Proven capability to build, develop and drive a strategic plan
- Significant seniority in influence and negotiation skills.
- Superior industry/product knowledge.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of best management practices for operational excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage an efficient department.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to interact with Executive Management as well as leadership of all departments to facilitate the accomplishment of company goals.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt/adjust to multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive towards consensus and achieve alignment.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to direct, train and guide peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with multiple levels of the organizational structure, including senior leadership.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.