Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
International Meetings and Science, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers medical education strategies.
Who we are looking for:
International Meetings and Science, a division of Wunderman Thompson, is seeking a Senior Vice President, Account Director in our Stamford, CT office. The SVP, Account Director serves as the authority and partner to their assigned client accounts for the company’s medical education products or services ensuring that all projects are progressing as needed, identifying additional client needs, and selling in new projects and services to meet those needs. The SVP, Account Director is expected to have a full understanding and command of Phase Five, Wunderman Thompson Health and WPP capabilities.
What you’ll do:
- Create | Write and assist in the development of promotional medical communications materials such as slide presentations and accompanying notes, content for internet sites, videos vignettes, new offerings developed by the company, other enduring materials, and meeting agendas - all consistent with AMA and/or client style guidelines. Develop referenced outlines for programs to ensure the completed materials meet clients’ objectives. Provide accurate citations in text and generate bibliographies. Prepare annotated supporting references for each project. Understand, execute and contribute strategic direction. Fact checks for medical accuracy.
- Manage | Identify permissions needed for reproducing copyrighted material, and, in conjunction with account coordinator and/or editor, secure permissions. Maintain Reference Manager database. Conduct literature searches on background of drug and disease state. Manage freelance writers – assign projects, provide direction. Facilitate submission of materials for medical, legal, and regulatory reviews. Oversee work of scientific associates as needed and provide mentoring/training to new or more junior team members. Critique drafts, query and identify resources needed to meet deadline/deliverable and within budget.
- Collaborate | Partner with account team on timelines and resource utilization. Cultivate existing relationships with key opinion leaders and initiate new relationships to drive appropriate communication strategies and content. Meet with clients and/or other external parties, as necessary, during the development and review of educational materials. Collaborate with teams to ensure that materials meet clients’ strategic specifications. Serve as a medical expert on internal teams, and with clients.
Who you are:
- Open and Collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Problem solver | Ensure quality control by reviewing agency products including: creative work, key client communications, key schedules, creative strategies, and strategic decks. Assist with day-to-day problem-solving by providing guidance to freelancers and raise issues and solutions to senior team. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- 15 years-related experience, including 9 years in pharmaceutical/healthcare.
- Significant experience in pharmaceutical advertising with applicable management responsibility and financial accountability.
- Strategic aptitude.
- Effective presenter.
- Capable manager of agency personnel.
- Ability to effectively manage the creative and strategic process.
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrate effective agency operations.