We are seeking to hire a Sustaining Software Engineer to join our growing team based in Andover, MA, USA, which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston.The Sustaining Software Engineer impacts the organization by resolving field reported software defects and customer requested enhancements in accordance with plans.
(Note: This Role Pays A Base Salary Between $62K to $73K)
We are looking for a Software Engineers with 3+ years experience that has applied their educational computer science experience in a professional setting. This individual should have a computer science background and has experience with compiler design and is well versed with programming in C, or C++, Embedded Code Languages, Linux Commands, Linux kernel, debugging code, fixing code issues, and has a strong knack from identifying issues and can start trouble shooting that issue right away for our customers, Also, writing raw code and creating applications from scratch, to Linux Scripting is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide solutions to field reported software defects and customer requested enhancements. Design new adaptations or modifications to existing software to increase reliability and improves performance.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and documentation of various software enhancements.
- Debug and troubleshoot complex problems in live environments.
- Prepare root cause analysis (RCA) for communication to customers.
- Profile and gather data from live systems to improve application performance.
- Perform unit tests to verify defects fixed and merged.
- Verify that the enhancements and fixes are scalable, reliable and maintainable.
- Look at overall defect trends and identify software modules and applications for re-factoring.
- Interface with software engineering teams to identify the root cause for field issues and fix them.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
- 3+ year's software development experience in embedded systems development preferably in the access networking area.
- Strong software development experience in "C".
- Possesses a thorough understanding of TCP/IP, DOCSIS, IP routing protocols.
- Working knowledge of SNMP and AAA protocols.
- Good debugging skills using gdb and Linux build tools.
- Good understanding of the Linux kernel and embedded software development techniques.
- Ability to learn new technologies and work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work with cross-functional teams.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly.
- Thrives working in a fast-pace environment
- Problem solver ? Able to be resourceful and "figure things out."
- Self-confident ? Able to express opinions and influence effectively.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).