As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will lead production transition activities for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of the test and production for components and subsystems integrated on rocket launch vehicles and spacecraft. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Floor support, assembly and installation compliance to engineering requirements, discrepancy resolution, and resolution of supplier discrepancies.
- Drive to root cause, corrective action, and preventive action.
- Perform a hands-on engineering and liaison role between our design team, our operations team, and our manufacturing customers.
- Authorize in-build redlines and recommend changes to the Definition and Design team to improve the design.
- Establish appropriate manufacturing, and supplier controls to support engineering handoff to operations.
- Lead supplier capability assessments, troubleshootinginvestigations, and First Article support.
- Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and tooling design to support Production and Testing.
- Lead projects to eliminate waste, reduce time-to-iteration, and improve outcomes.
- Conduct tests, interpret data, document and communicate results.
- B.S. degree in engineering or science discipline.
- 5+ years of demonstrated resourcefulness and execution within complex, rapidly-changing manufacturing environments.
- 5+ years working directly in a fluid systems industry or working with fluid system equipment
- Hands-on experienceworking with fluid system components including routed hard tubing, flexible hoses, manifolds, fittings, valves, regulators, pneumatic actuators, pressure transducers, flow meters, orifices and filters.
- Experience working with high pressure systems and P&ID schematics.
- Familiarity with best practices regarding safety, the use of pneumatics, and cleanliness
- Possess and exhibits high judgement
- Experience with fluid systems troubleshooting and repair
- Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development and production phases of the product lifecycle.
- Project management skills consistent with leading a team, including suppliers, through the complex Production Transition phase.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership, someone who demonstrates pride in all work and willingness to perform low-level tasks when needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with ERP systems, work order creation/management, and BOM structures.
- Experience in both development and production environments.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience with oxygen systems, high temperature and cryogenic fluids best practices and design, including material selection and compatibility
- Detailed component design experience, familiarity with design for manufacturability, GD&T, tolerance stack analysis, pressurized joint design
- Experience with welding technology, applications and limitations, material selection
- Experience with fundamental structural analysis techniques, FEA result interpretation
- Experience with standard COTS fluid systems components, fasteners, joint/port geometries, interpretation of MIL-STD, ASTM, and AMS specifications.
- Hands-on experience with all aspects of proof and leak testing, including safety precautions, test equipment, energy calculations, use of hardware, understanding of data captured, and prediction and understanding of transient behaviors.
- Experience and familiarity with fluid system component operation, including various types of valves, regulators, accumulators, meters and sensors.
- Experience with vacuum systems and leak rates.
- Familiarity with common NDT methods, including visual, dye penetrant, ultrasound, x-ray, CT scan, Eddy Current, XRF scan
- Familiarity with surface finishes, coatings, seal geometries, materials, and applications.
- Familiarity with cleanliness levels best practices
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight.
- Experience with 3D CAD software, 2D and 3D engineering drawings PTC Windchill/CREO.
- Experience in small company, startup, or growth transition environments.
Job ID 2704