As part of Global Programs, the Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) Sustainability team strives to build sustainability into everything we do. The REWS Sustainability team advances the integration of Google's ambitious sustainability goals into the built and natural environment. From concept through design, construction and operations, we lead programs for healthy workplaces, climate resilience, and circular systems.
As Program Manager, you will be responsible for setting an inspiring REWS vision for zero waste. You will also ensure that district planning and facility operations are supported with resources and guidance that results in Google advancing the waste program across our global portfolio.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google's culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work -- from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience with aspirational waste standards and metrics (e.g., regulations, policy, procurement, auditing, tracking).
- 5 years of experience in program management, including internal and external stakeholder management, overseeing budgets, schedules, deliverables, and vendor negotiation and contracting.
- LEED-AP certification
- Experience with managing a global program
- Experience with Circular Economy Principles
- Experience with design, construction, and building operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- - Oversee strategic plan and program charter, develop annual program work plans and budget, maintain all related agreements, and ensure all consultants are coordinated. - Serve as Google's internal and external technical expert on zero waste and sustainable waste management practices, ensuring that Google is innovative and leading industry change. - Research, develop, and maintain all waste guidance across district, campus, and building scales for design, construction, and operations globally in collaboration with key consultants and cross-functional teams. - Manage a portfolio of strategic waste-related initiatives and projects to effectively move the organization to intended outcomes. Track progress, identify gaps, and propose solutions to improve intended results. - Maintain content for internal waste program site and all related tools, resources, and training materials for implementation across global real estate portfolio. Represent Google's waste program publicly (i.e., media, conferences, speaking engagements).