Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Successfully drafting, executing and implementing a plan, related SOPs, capacity building, education, guidance materials, and internal and external structures to enhance CSR/Sustainability program to meet FLA accreditation program requirements (including supplier compliance with the Under Armour Supplier Code of Conduct, the FLA Workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Benchmarks and, internally, compliance with the Principles of Fair Labor and Responsible Sourcing, including, and in particular, Principles 6, 8 and 10 (meeting or exceeding benchmarks and KPIs);
- Actively contribute to the development and enhancement of the overall CSR/Sustainability program by enhancing reporting, and conducting related research, program analyses, program benchmarking;
- Tracking receipt of auditreports, preparing corrective action plans, assessing responses to corrective action plans until completion;
- Assisting in gathering, preparing compiling, tracking and analyzing supply chain and audit data; obtaining, revising and updating program and contractual policies, procedures and transactional documents;
- Providing logistical and scheduling support to assessment, remediation and capability building
- In coordination with the CSR/Sustainability Vice-President, develop strategies to engage with relevant civil society organizations in countries of manufacture;
- Assisting in program and related communications and reporting to internal and external stakeholders including web-based and GRI related reports/communications and related Human Rights due diligence and reporting;
- Performing related program enhancement and implementation, alignment and other tasks concerning Under Armour licensors, agents and licensees and other business partners;
- Help develop or maintain communication channels with governmental officials and Civil Society Organizations/Non-governmental organizations with the purpose of seeking advice about local regulations in key manufacturing countries, conducting macro and micro-level human rights and other due diligence, crafting remediation and capacity building programs;
- Assist and provide advice, when needed, to the CSR/Sustainability Vice-President in engagements with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers regarding allegations concerning/investigation and remediation of, and capacity building to address alleged factory conditions/including freedom of association, industrial/labor relations issues;
- Facilitate meetings and/or attend networking opportunities and represent UA at meetings and professional gatherings, as deemed appropriate.
- Regular travel to supplier locations, meetings, UA offices and otherlocations as needed.
- Helping to develop and support the enhancement and implementation of environmental components of the Sustainability Program
- Assist with developing and implementing a traceability program including Tier 2 assessments and beyond and supporting
In order to perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- College Degree; Graduate Degree (helpful);
- 5-10 years of experience in Sustainability/Corporate Social Responsibility/Labor/Human Rights programs including factory level assessments and headquarter level program, management and analytical work; investigations and remediation, analysis and capacity building and internal and external reporting;
- Expertise in Reporting, Data Analysis, and Data Platform creation and implementation.
- Extensive experience in leading or conducting social compliance and environmental assessments; particularly in the development of assessment methodologies;
- General knowledge and understanding of ILO Conventions, local laws and regulations in manufacturing countries;
- Experience in driving timely remediation of all areas of non-compliances and on-going improvements of workplace conditions;
- Significant understanding of design, buying, production processes for apparel, footwear and equipment supply chains;
- Experience in developing and implementing CSR and Sustainability training programs for field assessors and supplier capacity building;
- Experience with the Higg Index and related evaluations and assessments;
- Human Rights policy and program due diligence and reporting experience;
- Experience in collaborative work to address Sustainability and CSR challenges and issues as well as proficiency in related evaluative tools, scoring and reporting.
- Internal and External Stakeholder engagement expertise and experience.
- Living in, traveling in/to, knowledge of business/living/production conditions in major sourcing countries and regions
- Excellent analytical skills to help contribute to the enhancement of the CSR/Sustainability Program
- Great project management skills to help coordinate Sustainability programs and initiatives
- Prior, significant work experience with CSR and Sustainability data platforms and databases and tools
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Conflict resolution ability, negotiation skills and sound judgment
- Ability to manage staff remotely
- Highly proficient in MS Office software, e.g. Excel, Word and skilled in PowerPoint
- Social Compliance Database management skills.