Company DescriptionWork with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world's most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.Job DescriptionAECOM
is seeking a Program Manager to support our growing ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) initiatives with a specific focus across our East Region Transportation Business Line. AECOM's clients include private and public utilities; municipal, county, and state bureaus; developers; financial institutions, and other large public and private customers. The Program Manager will support business development and the implementation of a broad range of ESG initiatives including, embedding sustainable development and resilience across our work; improving social outcomes; achieving net-zero carbon emissions; and enhancing governance.
Success in this position requires a dynamic individual with the ability to provide client solutions, a current understanding of local and regional regulatory structures and system operators, knowledge of the current pipeline of regional market levers, and the ability to collaborate with a strategic interdisciplinary team of operations and business development professionals.
For this role, AECOM offers the freedom and flexibility to work remotely and/or be located at a variety of Transportation AECOM offices in multiple locations.
We are seeking an ESG professional who will enhance our client sustainability programs through:
- ESG knowledge transference, organizational management, creative problem-solving, collaboration, and leadership
- Proposal management
- Business development and market strategy development/execution
- Communication of complex processes or ideas
- Collaboration with a strategic interdisciplinary team of business development and project professionals
- Develop and implement a multi-year growth strategy, including the development of key performance metrics, client account plans, service offerings, market trend analysis, and brand elevation/thought
- Identify, develop, and propose new projects; negotiate partnerships and alliances; structure and close transactions; manage senior-level relationships internally and externally; and maintain a sharp focus on client satisfaction throughout the project/program lifecycle
- Build collaborative solutions for clients across AECOM business lines
- Recruit and build a team of professionals to support the growth strategy
- Support Transportation projects and programs during the execution and implementation
- Works with business partners to implement the vision and strategy for the sustainability function for AECOM to ensure it is implemented throughout the organization and business lines
- Supports executive management in carrying out both internal and external agendas to make AECOM the global industry leader in sustainability
- Bachelor's degree in engineering plus 12 years of relevant experience within the transportation field or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including 4 years of leadership
- 5 years of experience consulting externally (i.e., client-facing) or internally (i.e., in-house at an organization) on ESG/sustainability strategy, governance, risk management, and metrics & targets.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license and be willing to obtain reciprocity in the jurisdiction of the projects.
- A valid US Driver's License is required to visit project sites, clients, and other AECOM offices.
Experience in delivering expertise in resilience and sustainability, with a focus on transportation projects including:
- Experience with sustainable engineering and carbon reduction strategies including sustainable materials
- Experience with carbon reduction planning including electrification strategies and program development
- Experience with integrated resilient infrastructure planning and engineering focused on hazard mitigation and resilience to climate change, sea level rise, flooding, extreme weather
- Experience with Electrification and grid strategies and program development
- Experience and understanding of the framework for effective climate resilience that identifies and addresses climate-related risks and supports client development of plans and strategies
- Experience developing and supporting client's vision to protect the environment, enhance communities, integrate sustainable development into everyday business, and improve governance
- Experience and knowledge in some of the following areas: environmental compliance and regulation; Greenhouse Gas (GHG) management; circular economy; nature-based solutions; materials and embodied carbon reduction, water management; air quality; health & safety; stakeholder engagement; corporate governance and ethics; sustainable finance
About AECOMFreedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
- Relocation is an option for this position
- Visa support is not an option for this position
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together - your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm - access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.ReqID:
DCSStrategic Business Unit:
Consulting ServicesWork Location Model: