Spider is seeking is a District Sales Representative for suspended access equipment in San Francisco, CA.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The District Sales Representative (DSR) identifies and builds new business opportunities by identifying and selling prospects by researching and analyzing sales options; maintains existing business by developing relationships with customers.
- Generate sales leads, call on potential new customers, and enhance relationships with current clients in order to sell products and services consistent with branch revenue and profitability goals.
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer vertical access requirements via job site analysis and / or provided information (blueprints, plans, specifications, etc.) in order to prepare innovative and effective access solutions, and corresponding cost proposals.
- Prepare and present solutions and applications to customers in a clear and convincing manner while answering questions and/or objections to secure the sale; negotiate terms and conditions of sales to best advantage of the company and mutual satisfaction of the customer
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; demonstrates ability to effectively communicate with external customers and the Spider team.
- Coordinates the sale, delivery and installation of equipment; provides leadership and expertise to assure customer confidence and satisfaction to facilitate job profitability.
- Collects and reports on market intelligence; evaluates competitor activities and/or products in the territory.
- Maintains documentation of sales activities, customer contacts, and related expenses via CRM and pipeline management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years business-to-business outside sales experience in the greater Bay area (preferably commercial construction scaffold / access related and/or industrial scaffold, coatings or insulation) with demonstrated skills and success in new account development.
- Requires a current and valid driver's license and a driving record indicating a history of safe and lawful vehicle operation.
- Requires knowledge of and experience with MS Office applications, Outlook, Customer Relations software packages, and standard office equipment.
- Must be very comfortable, with proven experience, working at heights.