Ohio Survey Discipline Team Leader
Survey Team Leader
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. We are seeking an experienced Survey Team Leader to be based in one of our principal Ohio offices and to lead all aspects of surveying and mapping for the Mid-West / Northeast Region. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for survey-team resource management, and project / task management and secondarily responsible for assisting project managers with regional sales opportunities.
Survey Team Lead tasks will consist of:
- Coaches, mentors, directs, and delegates execution of quality project deliverables to and among technical team members.
- Lead role in the management of survey staff resource levels to include hiring and supervision of all technical survey staff and field teams, further building your team, ensuring all expertise and knowledge is available to solve (technical) issues in the land surveying, utility designating, and mapping disciplines supporting our services and deliverables.
- Facilitating the personal and professional growth of your team members by coaching, training and otherwise taking actions that help the development of your team.
- Supporting Woolpert (Markets and Practices) with Sales support as necessary to include: proposal preparation, estimating and project interviews by sharing your technical knowledge and preparing surveying and mapping solutions to best support project/program requirements.
- Maintaining and monitoring Woolpert fleet and equipment assets
- Professional Survey License is required (preferred Ohio PS. Additional states, specifically (Indiana and Kentucky are highly desired)
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 10 years of related work experience in the land surveying field
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong technical proficiency required, including Microsoft Office products, Trimble software / hardware, AutoCAD, and Microstation Open Roads Developer, INRoads, and GeoPAC platforms
- Experience in coordinating, planning and scheduling survey tasks and field crews.
- Strong skills regarding client interaction, setting and upholding project standards, boundary records research and determination are highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
- Quickly adapt and to industry changes as well as initiatives
- Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record.
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.