$100K — $150K *
RTI International’s Survey Research Division (SRD) seeks a mid-level Survey Research Scientist with expertise in health survey research and methods. The position requires a thorough understanding of survey research and project management and the ability to perform at the level of a project director on medium-sized projects and associate project director on large-scale health surveys. The ideal candidate will have significant experience conducting research in public health; multi-mode data collection (telephone, web, and paper); client management and leadership of a technical teams as well as coordination with other functional teams. The most successful hires have several years of experience in survey research, have received formal training in the social sciences and possess the desire to take a leadership role in the survey research industry.
This position is preferred to be based in RTP, NC; Chicago, IL; or Washington, DC. However, will consider permanent telecommuters.
Responsibilities may include:
• Leading teams of task leaders and project managers to implement and monitor research designs.
• Leading client meetings and subsequent discussions around scope, performance, and design.
• Developing study protocols for all modes of data collection; medium to highly complex study designs.
• Managing development and testing of survey instruments and systems.
• Managing data collection preparation activities to include interviewer and supervisor recruitment, hiring and training.
• Managing data collection operations to include data collection, mailouts, data entry and receipt.
• Overseeing development of all data collection manuals, training materials.
• Establishing and monitoring quality control protocols.
• Preparing client reports, monthly progress reports, presentations, and deliverables.
• Managing project budget and progress against statement of work and contract budget.
• Providing technical support for and assistance with the monitoring of data collection and quality assurance activities of subcontractors if applicable.
• Leading small and medium sized proposals with autonomy; serving as chapter lead or volume lead author on large-scale proposals; prepare proposal budgets.
• Presenting research findings that further the knowledge base of survey research.
• Ph.D. in social or behavioral science, including epidemiology, sociology, psychology or public health science and a minimum of 6 years of related experience or MA/MS in social sciences with 10 years of experience with survey research.
• Extensive knowledge of survey research methodology, primary data collection and management and report writing.
• Experience leading medium-sized projects with multidisciplinary teams or serving as associate project on large-scale complex studies.
• Excellent project management, budget management and client management skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with staff in different geographic locations and with a range of education and experience levels.
• Attention to detail and accuracy; ensure projects meet RTI’s and client’s quality expectations.
• Highly organized with the ability to complete multiple tasks and deliverables within tight timeframes and during periods with competing priorities.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Ability to travel within the U.S.
• To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
To be considered, candidates must submit a cover letter describing their interest in the position and their qualifications.
Valid through: 11/30/2021
$80K — $150K *
16 days ago