WSP is Canada's premier Surveying, Engineering, and Professional Services firm. WSP is currently looking to engage a Senior Professional Land Surveyor to join our Geomatics team in a permanent long-term project role. Reporting to the Regional Director and Transportation Program Director, this individual will be a critical team member in the delivery of Land Surveying and Geomatics work in support of marquee infrastructure development in the GTA.
This position will be collocated in the project office.
Why choose WSP?
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Canada to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Impact the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every single day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things that will challenge the status quo and raise the bar higher;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a forward-thinking workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly meaningful work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- Are you a passionate Land Surveyor (OLS) interested in working on challenging, dynamic, and diverse projects in a global company?
- Do you want to be part of major rail & transit projects in Ontario? Are you looking to expand your experience in large multi-disciplinary teams and collaborate with top tier clients in Ontario?
- Do you want to influence, guide and coordinate with various internal disciplines to ensure the successful completion of state-of-the-art projects?
- Are you passionate about growth opportunities and exposure to leading practices within a growing, global multinational firm?
What you can expect:
- Collaborative environment in which to complete premier land survey and geomatics projects.
- Coaching, leadership and innovation opportunities across Ontario and the global WSP geomatics community.
- Communication and coordination with clients and other design consultants.
- Opportunities for growth and Professional Development while leveraging technical ability and innovation across our Geomatics business in Canada and our geospatial service offering.
- An environment and culture that puts employee safety first.
What you'll bring to WSP:
- Member of the Association of Ontario Land Surveyors (AOLS).
- 15 Years' Experience in the Geomatics field.
- A passion for surveying, geomatics and teamwork.
- Experience in support and project management of infrastructure projects and facilities.
- Experience with designing and performing geodetic control surveys and high order control networks.
- Experience with high precision engineering surveys is an asset.
- Experience with rail transportation or subway projects is an asset.
- Experience with network adjustments, coordinate transformations, geo-referencing, and integrating surveys that use different projections is an asset.
- Knowledge of or experience with Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) guidance systems, tunnel survey calculations, and other underground survey equipment and processes an asset.
- Knowledge of or experience with GIS is considered an asset
- Experience within the GTHA is an asset.