VHB’s growing Hauppauge, NY office is seeking a Survey Project Manager to join its Survey practice. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in Land Surveying for a variety of applications, including boundary determinations, topographic surveys, utility surveys, highway surveys and subdivisions. The position requires up-to-date knowledge of current technologies, and a proven ability to manage land surveying projects.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Project management, including management of budget, scope and schedule for small, moderate and large land survey projects
- Management of project staff and clients
- Performance and/or oversight of surveying calculations
- Analysis and interpretation of public records research, including deeds, plans and other pertinent documents for the project
- Coordination of field crews and Survey/CAD Technicians
- Perform field checks, manage quality control of all products
- Coordinate survey efforts with other groups in an integrated services environment
- Ability to perform “field to finish” land surveying
Skills and Abilities
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of Land Surveying, including legal requirements, boundary determinations and ALTA requirements
- Knowledge of local subdivision and zoning requirements
- Thorough understanding of the use of up-to-date survey technologies and interface with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Ability to direct and monitor construction layout services
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Motivated to lead and mentor others
- 7+ years of professional land surveying experience, including managing land surveying projects
- Proficient/knowledgeable in all aspects of land surveying and geomatics, including legal requirements, boundary determinations and ALTA/NSPS requirements
- A minimum of 2 years fiscal/contract management experience on projects
- NY PLS license or ability to obtain a plus