VHB’s growing Wethersfield, CT office has an immediate need for a Survey Project Manager to join our Survey team. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in Land Surveying for a variety of applications, including boundary determinations, topographic surveys, utility surveys, highway surveys and subdivisions. The position requires up-to-date knowledge of current technologies, and a proven ability to manage land surveying projects.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Successfully managing projects, project staff and clients
- Establishing budgets and schedules for new projects
- Be able to guide and redirect survey staff to stay on course with respect to budgets and schedules.
- Performance and/or oversight of surveying calculations
- Analysis and interpretation of public records research, including deeds, plans and other pertinent documents for the project
- Coordination of field crews and Survey/CAD Technicians
- Perform field checks, manage quality control of all products
Skills and Abilities
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of Land Surveying, including legal requirements, boundary determinations and ALTA requirements
- Knowledge of local subdivision and zoning requirements
- Thorough understanding of the use of up-to-date survey technologies and interface with AutoCADCivil 3D
- Ability to direct and monitor construction layout services
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- 10+ years of land surveying experience, including managing land surveying projects
- Proficient in all aspects of land surveying including boundary line and topographic survey as well as construction stakeout
- Experience with electronic instruments, field data collectors, AutoCAD and Civil 3D software, GPS and Robotic Instruments
- A minimum of 2 years fiscal/contract management experience on projects
- Individuals must be detail oriented, have excellent communications skills and ability to meet deadlines
- CT PLS license preferred
Please submit applications with online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for nearly 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.