Job Overview: This position is accountable for overseeing a variety of duties to facilitate the completion of roads, building sites, bridges and other structures. In addition, the incumbent must oversee completion of legal descriptions for the taking and marking of right-of-way. The incumbent will supervise activities of a survey party and complete the most technically complex survey duties. Work is performed by conducting land surveys for determination of boundary lines, retracement of government survey lines, and re-establishment of land survey corners.
- Works with the Project Superintendent and jobsite work crews to ensure that all survey conducted for determination of boundary lines are done correctly.
- Acts as party chief for a field survey crew engaged in making plane and/or geodetic surveys for construction, topographic, right-of-way, and control survey projects.
- Participates in pre-survey planning meetings with project managers, resident engineers, and contractor representatives; assigns and monitors work, and provides input for evaluation of members of field survey crew.
- Makes ties to property lines and government land corners.
- Assembles field data, reduces field notes and makes survey calculations.
- Assembles pertinent reference data before field surveys.