Archer Western a member of The Walsh Group is currently seeking a Survey Manager for our Southeast Transportation Group. The position will support in the greater Atlanta Metro area.
The Survey Manager will supervise construction survey crew responsible for providing horizontal & vertical control, derived from contract plans & documents, to field production operations.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Compile and analyze survey data and computations.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Provide efficient & effective construction survey layout and information in a safe and timely manner than facilitates production operations, schedules, and budgets.
- Supervise and mentor survey crew in daily layout operations and interactions with production.
- Maintain a functional and current knowledge of production operations schedules and procedures and make directive decisions as they pertain to the survey responsibilities and personnel in their charge.
- Provide production information from project documents and plans to field operations.
- Proficient with the operation of robotic total stations, RTK and Static GPS systems and rovers, Optical and digital levels, and machine control systems.
- Proficient with surveying software and data collectors (AutoCAD, Carlson, Leica iCON, MS Office)
- Assist production operations in setup, usage, and maintenance of instrument use in their operations.
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum 10 years field experience in survey & construction surveying applications as a responsible party.
- Knowledge of general construction practices and procedures.
- Experience in general survey instrument operation and survey practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Trimble Construction Survey software, instruments, controllers, GPS Rovers, and machine control.
- Proficient at reading and understanding contract and shop drawings, including but not limited to both structural and roadway, with the ability to cross check between documents as needed.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills