Minimum 10 years survey experience required, with at least 5 years' experience as lead project surveyor/project manager on all types of land surveying projects.
KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic planning.
Duties, Responsibilities & Other
- Minimum 10 years survey experience required, with at least 5 years' experience as lead project surveyor/project manager on all types of land surveying projects.
- Should be fluent in the use of Microstation with Geopak and Autocadd Civil 3D and familiar with State mapping standards.
- Candidates should possess a passion for building client relationships, marketing engineering and surveying services and an ability to manage staff.
- Microstation, Geopak, Autocadd Civil 3D, Microsoft Office Products, Trimble Business Center a plus.
- Ability to prepare proposals, cost estimates, plats, legal descriptions and sketches, roadway databases, topographic surveys, compute survey data, etc.
- Candidates must be state Licensed as a Professional Land Surveyor. Other survey registrations a plus
- The Survey Manager is accountable for the successful management of assigned projects.
- The Survey Manager is also responsible for marketing and client development, technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications, scoping and negotiating scopes and fees, client follow-up, billing/collections and maintenance.
- The Survey Manager must maintain superior relationships with each of his/her clients.
- Direct communication with the Regional Survey Practice Leader is essential.
- The Survey Manager may manage several projects and tasks, and will be responsible for completing those tasks, simultaneously.
- Will be responsible for, but not limited to: •Preparing the scope of services, detailed project budget and contract for the Regional Practice Leader's review and approval. •Coordinates project scheduling. •Conducting "kick-off" and interim project status meetings with the project team to discuss tasks, schedules, budgets, etc. •Completing each project on time and on budget. •Monitoring project schedules and budgets throughout the project life. •Leading formal Project Reviews. •Assuring that a QA/QC review is completed at the appropriate stages of each project. •Determining if a contract needs to be amended and immediately seeks approval of from the Client and supervisor when changes in a project's budget or scope are necessary. •Serving as primary client contact for selected projects. •Monitoring project's adherence to company standards, including Quality Control and Quality Assurance specifications and CADD standards. •Assist in the documenting the performance of project team members through completion of Project Staff Reviews. •Communicating significant performance issues to team members and Regional Survey Practice Leader so that appropriate action may be taken. •With approval of the Regional Survey Practice Leader, oversee the hiring and mentoring of all survey staff in the local KCI office including field and office personnel.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of 7 -12 years of experience required.
- Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment. Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon position.
- Complete Annual Individual Training Program
- Mentor and train staff
- Submit for approval and deliver timely annual Employee Performance Appraisals for assigned staff
- Train adequate backup personnel to support your role in your absence
- Comply with all KCI policies and procedures
- Ensure projects fulfill ISO compliance requirements
- Manage work routine of all assigned staff and assign job activities as required
- Complete other duties as required/assigned
- Provide direction to field crews as needed for work in the field
- Achieve or exceed budgeted individual utilization target(75%-80% typical)
- Attend bi-weekly(or more frequently as necessary) meetings with project team on all projects/tasks
- Chart and provide task performance results
- Complete all tasks on time and within budget while fully meeting the scope
- Operate within specified (corporate or project) budget parameters
- Prepare interpractice agreements and/or outside requests as required
- Provide input for monthly progress reports for all tasks
- Provide technical project and staff oversight
- Serve as task manager on select projects
- Compare field data to base plan
- Conduct site visits and gather data, including measurements, sketches, notes and photographs as needed
- Download and process data from field crews
- Perform deed research
- Prepare base plots and outlines
- Prepare computation of outline surveys including boundary determination
- Read and interpret technical documents needed for performance of job