Fenstermaker is seeking a Survey Division Director to join the team. The position will provide leadership and management to a team of survey technicians, managers and administrative staff while ensuring company values and culture are demonstrated at all times. The ideal candidate will provide a strong leadership presence with confidence, skills and experience to act as a representative to the senior leadership team and influence staff to exceed expectations and achieve desired business results.
- Manage daily operations of Survey Division, Managers, Survey Technicians and Administrative Staff.
- Provide leadership to Survey Division, including coaching, mentoring, building positive relationships, monitoring and documenting performance, motivating staff and disciplinary action.
- Identify, hire, train and develop team ensuring the appropriate people are in the right positions.
- Manage work schedules, time off and vacation schedules ensuring efficient operations.
- Establish and communicate strategic plan for division.
- Communicate and actively interact with Executive Management to ensure strategic alignment of all projects, initiatives and direction of division.
Project Oversight/Client Relationships
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships ensuring project deliverables are met, issues are resolved, and future client opportunities are identified.
- Identify and develop process, performance improvements and efficiencies to enhance the customer experience.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure proper allocation of resources, project deliverables are met and within budget.
- Responsible for project reporting, execution meetings, documentation, budgets and monitoring billing and receivables for staff projects.
- Provide management reporting of division functions.
- Manage budgets, RFP review and proposal creation.
- Prepare team forecast & profitability analysis.
- Review performance and financial data to measure productivity, staff utilization, etc.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field preferred
- 10+ years of management and leadership experience
- Experience working in the oil & gas industry or exposure to survey operations a plus
Registered Professional Land Surveyor in Louisiana preferred
- Excellent computer skills; MS Office Suite knowledge required.
- Demonstrated people-development skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in proposal writing, estimating, project management, and project coordination.
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leaders.