We are looking for ?Surgical Technologist for our client in Austin, TX
Job Title: Surgical Technologist
Job Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Permanent
- Seeking Surgical Technologist
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- ?Shift: Primarily Days, which can vary by facility but usually 6-2:30 (rotating weekends)??
- The lead surgical technologist, under the direct supervision of the Charge Nurse and the direction of the Nurse Manager, accepts overall responsibility for a designated surgical area of specialty.
- The lead tech is responsible for assuring all equipment and instruments are operational. Ensures adequacy of equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Knowledgeable regarding service specific equipment and instruments which are out for repair or need replacement.
- The Lead Surgical Technologist is responsible for training other staff in their surgical specialty.
- Provide leadership by demonstrating positive guest relations, effective communication skills, excellent work ethics, and superior leadership skills.
- The lead surgical technologist functions under the direction of the Registered Nurse and Physician to facilitate the safe and effective completion of invasive surgical procedures.
- The surgical technologist possesses knowledge of aseptic technique, human anatomy, surgical procedures, and current technology used to facilitate a physician?s performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- Direct and indirect patient care activities include the following type of functions: clinical, clerical, materials management, and housekeeping.
- The lead surgical technologist trains and precepts less experienced surgical tech staff in the preparation of the more complex and difficult cases.
- Serves as a preceptor for surgical technology students and RNinterns in multiples specialties. Serves as a resource person for all specialties.
- The surgical technologist teaches and directs less experienced surgical staff in room preparation and turnover.
- The technologist participates in unit activities.
- Certified as a surgical technologist. Current BCLS certification issues by the American Heart Association.
- High school graduate or GED - Graduate from an accredited education program for Surgical Technology.
- A minimum of four (4) years recent experience as a Surgical Technologist with demonstrated competency in multiple inpatient surgical specialties.
- Demonstrates high competency in designated specialty area. Ability to serve as resource to RN?s and Surgical Techs in area of specialty.