The Surgical Services Specialist is responsible for driving strategic sales initiatives in an assigned territory – to include identifying, qualifying, and closing new business bookings opportunities. The SS Specialist is accountable for designing and executing a territory plan centered around Agiliti Surgical Services as part of the Equipment Value Management framework.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Time and Territory Management
- Understands strategic position in industry and territory.
- Establishes long term goals in territory and can develop annual and quarterly goals that create a clear pathway to achieving the long-term goals.
- Manages time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently and on schedule.
- Embraces Customer Relationship Management tools to effectively manage sales territory and execute sales objectives.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the specific markets (Including Acute Care, Long-term Care etc.)
- Effectively leverages local Territory Executives and cross functional subject area experts to execute on growth strategies within assigned territory
Customer Aligned Sales Process
- Adapts to customer needs and buying process; adjusts messaging and sales process accordingly.
- Conveys information to customers in a clear, compelling way that will positively affect their thoughts and actions.
- Identifies, qualifies, and closes business opportunities in assigned territory and demonstrates an ability to strategically assess and approach a territory to optimize and execute a sales plan.
- Keeps customer commitments, resolves customer problems, and exceeds customer expectations.
- Effectively manages internal sales process by leveraging appropriate resources (Territory Executives, Operations Counterparts, and Corporate Resources.)
- Conducts business reviews with customers.
- Manages external customer relationships (doctors, hospitals, and surgery center personnel) through regularly calling on client locations.
Insight Selling Methodology
- Translates the benefits of solutions, products, and services to customers involved in the decision-making process based on understanding of their individual needs and/or business problems to solve.
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of customer needs and challenges to effectively deliver insights during each customer interaction.
Equipment Value Management
- Articulates how the EVM framework drives meaningful improvements to equipment workflows within hospitals while simultaneously improving quality, reducing costs, and elevating patient experiences.
- Stays current on all Agiliti’s service offerings and sales trainings.
- BS/BA degree in business, sales, or marketing.
- Operating Room knowledge and medical device sales experience.
- 2+ years healthcare sales or related experience required.
- Experience working in a team-based selling environment preferred.
- Previous experience selling services is preferred.
- Must be available to travel up to 50%.
- Must hold a current, valid, and unrestricted driver’s license. Must have a safe driving record based on Agiliti policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Operating Room and Surgical Workflow knowledge
- Has the focus, persistence, positive outlook, and discipline to meet the personal demands of a sales role.
- Anticipates problems or opportunities and takes immediate action to address them.
- Follows through on commitments and agreements.
- Sets challenging personal and business goals and demonstrates tenacity toward achieving those goals.
- Communicates effectively, both written and verbally, to internal and external partners.
- Sets high standards of performance, quality, and accountability for self and others. Guides by example.
- Professionally presents and conveys our services using the Challenger Sales methodology, utilizing available tools such as whiteboarding and virtual meetings when applicable.
- Builds strong cross-functional internal relationships.
- Comprehends and understands Sales Incentive Plan, budget, and District Profits & Losses.
- Speaks competently about all clinical equipment found in hospital environments as well as solid comprehension of hospital finance, reimbursement, regulatory, and safety practices.