Careers that Change Lives
A Day in the Life
The Surgical Sales Representative, GYN is responsible for exceeding sales quota and managing the assigned territory within budget guidelines.
- Manages assigned territory to exceed quota by:
- Making sales calls to target accounts
- Selling and servicing the target accounts, preplanning and adapting the sales presentation to the individuals involved
- Exceeding the standard level of performance in market segment call activity, target account penetration, evaluations started and evaluations concluded
- Demonstrating effective full line selling
- Support the execution of all marketing launch plans and new product sales objectives.
- Coordinate and allocate corporate resources within the scope and scale of the sales account plans.
- Participate in training plans and programs. Manage the training for accounts within area of responsibility. Facilitate education on product advantages.
- Facilitate sales process through involvement of other organizational resources
- Maintain a continuing program to improve and upgrade skills to include, but not limited to:
- Product knowledge
- Competitive knowledge
- Selling skills
- PC Skills
- Promotes and sells Medtronic's Medical/Scientific Equipment products and services including non-implantable medical or scientific equipment products and/or services (e.g., diagnostic medical equipment, medical imaging machines, medical laboratory equipment, and non-implantable medical devices) within an assigned geographic area and /or specific customer accounts to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Responsible for developing, building, and strengthening long-term relationships with stakeholders including hospitals, physicians, and Radiology and Surgical personnel.
- Responsible for pursuing leads, assessing needs and providing product services to maximize the benefits derived from Medtronic's Medical/Scientific Equipment products and/or services.
- Conducts and/or evaluates market research including customers and competitors activities.
- Develops and/or implements market development plans/strategies and changes as needed.
- Assesses customer needs and feedback regarding new products and/or modifications to existing products and communicates to internal stakeholders including R&D, Operations and Marketing.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience and working knowledge of company products and services
Nice to Have
- 3+ years of medical sales and/or capital equipment sales experience preferred with focus on surgeon relationships.
- Women's Healthcare sales experience a plus.