The Hospital Surgical Representative (HSR) is responsible for providing sales and promotion of Allergan Medical plastic surgery products, maintaining customer base, developing new markets, and obtaining new customers.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed sales targets on an ongoing basis and has the capability of selling targeted products to targeted accounts.
- Conduct excellent product in-servicing and product evaluations that lead to customer conversions.
- Prospect and develop relationships with prospective customers, converting them to Allergan customers (primary customers include the physician, materials manager and the purchasing administrator).
- Increase account penetration with orders for Allergan Tissue Matrices for new surgical procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree or higher level degree is required
- 5 or more years of medical sales experience and/or training
- Surgical Sales Experience Preferred
- Knowledge of clinical, surgical techniques and procedures, and medical terminology preferred
- Prior Experience with General, Plastic and/or Colorectal Surgery areas
- Demonstrated sales experience involving servicing and product evaluations leading to customer conversions. Experience with building prospects and relationships to close leads.
- Display a strong knowledge of product line, capitalize on all product features and benefits, make effective use of selling tools and maintain a high level of expertise in appropriate surgical procedures and operating room conduct.
- Attain and utilize competitor comparison knowledge.
- Ability to identify decision makers and influence decisions
- Ability to manage and prioritize work load, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Ability to manage budgets, expenses and execute plans
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team. Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate scientific/clinical features and benefits of a product
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturing
- Knowledge of operating room etiquette, sterile fields and sterile techniques
- Ability to observe use of Allergan Medical products in the surgical arena
- Travel required
- Ability to drive a car with a valid driver’s license