At Nobilis Health, we believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. We are an innovative health care system. We as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career with Nobilis Health is not a job, it's a passion.
Our company is a recognized healthcare leader and marketing innovator; we develop, own, and partner with ambulatory surgery centers, hospitals, physician practices, and specialty clinics to provide high-yield procedures in the rapidly expanding, minimally invasive, elective surgery market. Nobilis deploys a unique patient acquisition strategy driven by proprietary direct-to- consumer marketing technology, focusing on a specified set of procedures that are performed at our centers by local physicians.
Scottsdale Liberty Hospital is a Multi-Specialty Surgery Center with two operating rooms, one procedure room and twelve inpatient beds. Specialties include General Surgery, Pain Management, Podiatry, GYN, Spine, Bariatrics, Plastics, and Orthopedics.
The Surgical Hospital CEO is to direct the daily clinical and business activities, operations, and management of the hospital in accordance with State and Federal regulations, accreditation standards and Center policies and procedures; and carry out the policies of the Governing Board for the Center.
- Responsible for the planning, directing, and control of all functions and operations of the hospital including personnel, case volume, physician liaison activities, and assist with marketing and budget financials.
- Develop, implement and evaluate marketing plan for hospital on an ongoing basis. Monitor activities and advise the Governing Board and General Manager/CEO of current and future trends in the market place that would impact the clinical and financial performance of the hospital. Makes recommendations for enhancement when required. Oversees and guides the development of the hospital.
- Reviews and updates policies and procedures, protocols, risk management and safety guidelines, and Center's position descriptions for compliance with Federal and State legislation, accreditation standards, and good performance management practices.
- Responsible for worker and environmental safety.
- Coordinates activities with physicians, third party payors, Center staff, patients, visitors and other staff on a regular basis to assure that work flows efficiently and effectively, that patients and physicians are satisfied with services and that quality patient care is delivered.
- Responsibility for clinical and nursing activities including policies and procedures. Oversees patient care activities in the preoperative area, operating room and recovery room, including development of Performance Enhancement Program, including Infection Control and Safety plans, purchasing of equipment, supplies and controlled drugs, accurate medical record documentation.
- Establishes, implements and evaluates quality and standards of patient care in conjunction with Medical Staff.
- Oversees development of patient care protocols, preoperative assessment procedures, nursing policies and procedures, physician standing orders and standard discharge instructions.
- Participate in patient care activities and adheres to requirements of Registered Nurse position description when providing direct patient care. Demonstrated by:
- Achieves quality patient care by utilizing ongoing performance enhancement, safety and infection control evaluation methods such as review of the medical record, analysis of medication errors and patient injuries and review of infection control responses from physicians and patient satisfaction questionnaires.
- Directs, monitors and evaluates the clinical activities and operations of the hospital.
- Assures compliance with all State, Federal, accreditation and corporate policies and regulations. Interfaces with staff, physicians, patients, third party payors, fiscal intermediaries and leadership team.
- Oversees the development and implementation of patient care policies and procedures. Evaluate quality and standards of patient care in conjunction with Medical Director, Medical Staff. Ensures a competent and responsible staff treats patients.
- Maintains active professional relationships with doctors, third party/managed care payors and patients by assessing needs and levels of satisfaction with hospital service.
- Demonstrates a positive, friendly and courteous manner towards employees, physicians, patients and management at all times.
- Identifies, measures and documents or reviews problems, inefficiencies or deficiencies.
- Assures qualified staff and services available to provide required coverage for patient care and to satisfy all licensing agency guidelines that are within budgetary requirements.
- Reviews and oversees receivables, payables and collection activities.
- Demonstrates ability to supervise, orient, hire, develop, train, coach, evaluate, discipline and terminate facility staff.
- Completes or delegates to appropriate manager, individual staff performance appraisals as required by policy.
- Complies with State Rules & Regulations, Health Care Financing Administration, and accreditation and assures staff compliance.
- Ensure facility is maintained in safe condition as indicated by cleared hallways, secured electrical wiring, and reporting and isolation of broken equipment promptly.
- Assures adherence to all Federal, State, SAC and facility safety regulations and guidelines regarding patient safety.
- Ensures maintenance and confidentiality of Medical Staff credentialing files.
- Maintains and updates medical staff credentialing information and/or delegates appropriately.
- Adheres to Federal, State and accreditation regulations.
- Policy and procedures and facility bylaws.
- Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous leadership in a Surgical Setting or ASC required.
- Current RN license in the state of practice is required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Competencies
- Relationship building skills – able to gain trust and build relationships with client targets and providers.
- Communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and professional manner on a daily basis to solve problems as these arise
- Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills – able to build relationships and interact with senior healthcare executives and physicians.
- Facilitation skills - able to create presentations using presentation software; able to deliver presentations
- Planning/Organizational skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner.
- Adaptability – able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem-solving skills – able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions.
- Collaboration skills – able to cooperate with and contribute to key stakeholders.
- Time Management skills – able to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion; able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Computer skills- able to use word processing, spreadsheet, and sales software.
- Technical skills- Knowledge of principles of aseptic technique; Leadership skills; Knowledge of care of the surgical patient; Knowledge of anesthetic agents and their usage and effect on the surgical patient; and Principles of Standard Precautions