We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
This job is responsible for the operational and financial management of Peri-Operative Services. The Director assumes responsibility for the daily management and long term tactical planning and systems changes identified within Peri-Operative Services to optimize operational and financial efficiencies.
Required - Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Business Administration or related field
Preferred - Master’s degree in Business Administration
Required - 5 years relevant healthcare experience including three years of management experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
• Ensures operational effectiveness of Peri-Operative Services.
• Manages, develops, retains and inspires an engaged workforce.
• Ensures employee participation in education, training & development programs.
• Ensures operational profitability through effective budgeting and resource management.
• Develops long-term strategic business plans that support business growth.
• Achieves professional development goals and participates in performance improvement activities.
• Manages and evaluates equipment, instrument and product/supply inventory.
• Ensures efficient operations of Peri-Operative scheduling.