The Surgical consultant's primary responsibility is selling, promoting and servicing assigned products to current and prospective customers to achieve organizational goals in an assigned territory
- Meets or exceeds sales targets on an ongoing basis by selling targeted products to specific accounts. Uses selling skills that build trust, systematically uncover needs, articulate product/tissue form benefits to create competitive advantage, recognize buying cues and close new business or secure existing business.
- Conducts production promotion, in-servicing and evaluations that lead to individual customer and account conversions. Prospects and develops relationships with prospective customers, converting them to MTF customers for specified products/tissue forms. Forms effective business relationships with physicians, nursing personnel, materials management staff, purchasing personnel and other allied surgical administrative staff at hospital and surgery centers.
- Increases account penetration to expand uses of MTF products and tissue forms to include new surgical procedures.
- Displays strong product line knowledge and capitalizes on all product/tissue form features and benefits. Attains and maintains a high level of expertise in appropriate surgical procedures as well as appropriate operating room behavior. Actively seeks and understands competitive sales information and is able to use this information effectively to differentiate MTF offerings.
- Sets and meets performance targets for short term and long term goals. Formulates strategies, tactics and plans of action to achieve goals.
- Identifies, initiates contact, builds and maintains relationships with key surgeons and decision-makers within the hospital environment.
- Completes administrative duties on time, including reports, marketing surveys, and other assignments.
- Routinely communicates territory activities to MTF sales management and other MTF personnel. Meets sales targets through preparation, adaptability and perseverance.
- Assists on special projects and performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of three years medical sales experience, with preference for experience calling on hospital departments including operating rooms and established sales relationships in general or plastic surgery.
- Documented sales success in generating new sales and maintaining existing business in accounts. Demonstrated interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships and enable open communication with both sales prospects and corporate management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain a home office and use personal automobile to travel extensively.
- Ability to work independently or in teams.
- Licensed driver with recent model year vehicle that is well maintained and insured.
- Prefer residency within the geographic boundaries of the sales territory.